6 weeks post op Mommy Makeover, drain taken out at 4 weeks, reinserted yesterday and drained 400cc in 24 hours.
Doctor Answers (4)
Fluid after a tummy tuck
Fluid drainage after mommy make-over
- Fluid collection of 400 cc at 6 weeks after a tummy tuck is not normal.
- It may be a seroma - requiring daily drainage until fluid subsides
- and surgery if fluid does not subside
- But red fluid in a seroma this late after surgery suggests an infection.
- Loosen your compression garment.
- Have the RN culture the fluid, contact your plastic surgeon and arrange for you to be seen for whoever is covering for your surgeon, ifs/he is unavailable. Best wishes.
Chronic seroma might require surgical excision
You might also like...
Prolonged abdominal drainage after Mommy Makeover
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.