6 weeks post op Mommy Makeover, drain taken out at 4 weeks, reinserted yesterday and drained 400cc in 24 hours.
Doctor Answers (4)
Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.
Fluid after a tummy tuck
Fluid drainage after mommy make-over
- Fluid collection of 400 cc at 6 weeks after a tummy tuck is not normal.
- It may be a seroma - requiring daily drainage until fluid subsides
- and surgery if fluid does not subside
- But red fluid in a seroma this late after surgery suggests an infection.
- Loosen your compression garment.
- Have the RN culture the fluid, contact your plastic surgeon and arrange for you to be seen for whoever is covering for your surgeon, ifs/he is unavailable. Best wishes.
Chronic seroma might require surgical excision
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.