Hard, Circular Breasts - How to Avoid the Victoria Beckham/Tori Spelling Look

what gives breast that hard circular look? that is something that looks very unnatural to me and what i dont want. is it the placement or the surgeon that makes them look like that?

How to GET Hard, ball-like "Fake Looking" breasts

+3

That hard, shiny, ball-like fake "boob" look is actually pretty easy to produce (but much harder to repair).

1. Use a round implant which is much larger than your chest and amount of your breast and muscle tissue can cover (High Profile saline implants work great for this look).

2. Place it in an under the breast but over the muscle pocket

3. have thinning breast tissues, a few replacement operations with same or larger implants or a "touch" of scarring around the implants (capsular contracture)

and you will end up with this look.

I try as much as possible not to operate on women whose idea of breast beauty is this look. Such results are hard to completely reverse.

Dr. Aldea

Overly Round, Artificial Looking Breasts

+2

I agree that the best way to avoid unnatural look is by using the muscle to help hide the shape of the implant, choosing the best size, shape, and profile to match each patient, and meticulous technque to help provent capsular contracture.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Unnatural Breasts after Augmentation

+2

I agree with you and try to achieve  naturally appearing but augmentated breasts.  I feel that the key to this, in addition to good technique, is placing the implant below the muscle and (more importantly) using a appropriately sized implant.

John Whitt, MD

Causes of a hard circular looking breast implant

+1

A hard circular appearance can be due to over the muscle placement, thin body habitus, a high profile or overinflated implant or even a capsular contracture to name a few.

Hard implant look

+1

How do you avoid very noticeable implants?  I think that those two individuals had implants too large for their frame and probably above the muscle.

Natural Look After Augmentation is Created by Implant Shape, Size and Location

+1

These are some general considerations to avoid hard-circular appearance of the breast implants;

1. staying within the borders of the chest wall and breast diameter.
  2. not putting too large of an implant
  3. Placing the implant under the muscles
  4. Carefully evaluating all breast dimensions and tissue characteristics pre-operatively

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Hard, circular breasts - how to avoid

+1

By sub-muscular placement, not to large of implant, post operative exercises, seeking the advise of boarded plastic surgeons are the best way to avoid those issues. From MIAMI Dr. B

Fake looking breast implants can be avoided.

+1

Hi.

1)  Don't get implants that are too big.

2)  Surgical technique in creating implant pockets is crucial.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Globular breasts after augmentation

+1

There are essentially two things that cause this appearance. One is the choice of implant. The other is scar contracture around the implant. Sometimes it is both. An implant that is too large for your body or one that has a higher profile than your body will tolerate is a frequent cause. The body tries to eject the implant. When it can not, it builds a scar wall around it. If this scar contracts, the implant becomes globular and feels firm. The first problem can be prevented by proper implant selection. This may mean that you cannot be as large as you desire. The second can be reduced by putting smooth implants under the muscle or using textured implants.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Hard round breasts

+1

The answer is that it is a combination of things that can produce that look. One is to use implants that are too large for the patient's natural breasts. The most natural implants will be hidden by the natural breast as much as possible. That means small breasts can only accommodate relatively small implants yet these women are the ones that want large implants. The other is the process of capsular contracture where the scar tissue around the implant shrinks and forces the implant into a rounder shape.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD