I want a nose job and perhaps another surgery to I'm prove facial definition. What procedure would you recommend? (photos)
Doctor Answers 7
Broken nose and bulbous tip
It seems that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. Based on the pictures attached, your goal is quite realistic, however without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.
It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.
Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Tip refinement rhinoplasty with hump reduction and facial definition
- reducing the dorsal hump
- refining the tip (to make it more defined and reduce visibility of the round cartilages)
- tip rotation (hard to tell from the photo angles but it looks like your tip may be slightly ptotic)
- possibly a septoplasty to improve the crookedness on front view
In terms of facial definition, some options for you could include:
- cheek implants that can be placed at the same time as rhinoplasty surgery and these are permanent
- dermal fillers are a temporary option but very effective for adding definition to cheeks, jaw line and other areas that would benefit from a bit of volume to create a more heart shaped face
- buccal fat removal > if there is a storage of fat in the buccal area (in the space below your cheeks where your teeth meet) which can create a more contoured look to the cheeks
Rhinoplasty options for bridge bump and rounded tip
To address your cheek bones and facial definition you could consider cheek implants, skin fillers or facial fat grafting. It's hard to tell from your photos alone what would be the best for you, though.
You can read more about bridge bump rhinoplasty and see some before and after photos at my web reference link below.