I want a nose job and perhaps another surgery to I'm prove facial definition. What procedure would you recommend? (photos)

More just a nose job I broke it 6 Years ago. I have reached my 20's my nose has changed,it is bigger and I notice it in pictures from side or angle I broke it when I was 17 and think that this has factored into it's changed shape I dont mind my nose from straight on but do not like the two bumps at its tip. I want it to be more feminine from the front and have the hump and tipped reduced for my profile I would like to find out if there is a treatment that is able to be done at the same time to enhance cheek bones and definition in my face

Broken nose and bulbous tip

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. Based on the pictures attached, your goal is quite realistic, however without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Tip refinement rhinoplasty with hump reduction and facial definition

Thank you for the photos as they are very helpful. There are several things that could be addressed during your rhinoplasty surgery including:
  • reducing the dorsal hump
  • refining the tip (to make it more defined and reduce visibility of the round cartilages)
  • tip rotation (hard to tell from the photo angles but it looks like your tip may be slightly ptotic)
  • possibly a septoplasty to improve the crookedness on front view
A proper nasal assessment would be important, including computer imaging to see how these changes would look on you.

In terms of facial definition, some options for you could include:
  • cheek implants that can be placed at the same time as rhinoplasty surgery and these are permanent
  • dermal fillers are a temporary option but very effective for adding definition to cheeks, jaw line and other areas that would benefit from a bit of volume to create a more heart shaped face
  • buccal fat removal > if there is a storage of fat in the buccal area (in the space below your cheeks where your teeth meet) which can create a more contoured look to the cheeks

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options for bridge bump and rounded tip

You have number of treatment options when it comes to addressing your nasal concerns. I can see that you do have a bump on your bridge that could be smoothed down. Also your tip could be refined by addressing the current roundedness you have. I also see that your tip is deviated to your left so you may want that improved at the same time.

To address your cheek bones and facial definition you could consider cheek implants, skin fillers or facial fat grafting. It's hard to tell from your photos alone what would be the best for you, though.

You can read more about bridge bump rhinoplasty and see some before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty or possibly Septorhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Sailor09, Thank you for your recent inquiry and photographs enclosed. I would suggest a consultation with a surgeon who uses digital imaging to help you see the proposed changes to your nose and how you like the appearance. The noses you have attached are all beautiful in there own right however it is very important to match the patient's entire facial aesthetics to their proposed surgery. This allows a natural feminine appearance that will enhance your other features. Upon examination the consulting surgeon will also speak with you regarding cheek enhancement and decide if you are a good candidate for the various procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate for broken nose, bulbous tip and dorsal bump

Trauma to the nose can create a fracture of the nasal bones and fracture the upper lateral cartilages off of the nasal bones. The dorsal hump  can be a result of a callus formation  where the bones  have been broken. The bulbous tip is usually genetic, and can be refined with tip suturing techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages. Computer imaging would help in the education process for you as to what can and cannot be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty Photo  Gallery

Rhinoplasty goals for bulbous tip , hump, and crooked nose.

Rhinoplasty goals for bulbous tip , hump, and crooked nose will give u a more attractive nose and more balanced. Your cheeks look like they only need filler and not implants. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.

Rhinoplasty is directed at what the patient wants not the surgeon.

The good plastic surgeon will try to deliver the look that you want. Video imaging is a good way for you to appreciate changes that might come from a rhinoplasty as well as convince the plastic surgeon what It is you are after.