2 weeks post-op and my nipples seem too low. Should I get another revision or will my results improve? (Photo)

I had 375 L and 400R round smooth moderate plus saline implants. I am 51 years old and have lost 132 pounds. My skin is very lax. My breasts started slipping into my armpits and bottoming out. I had revision of my lateral side pockets and middle of my left breast. I went with moderate 250 saline implants. I am now 2 weeks post op. I am worried that my nipples seem too low. Will the implants will still drop a bit to round out the bottom and lift the nipples a tiny bit?

2 weeks post-op and my nipples seem too low. Should I get another revision or will my results improve?

+1
It is not possible to offer a full evaluation via this forum.

However, the appearance of your breasts at two weeks is most likely NOT the way they will be ultimately, so from the standpoint of timing of a revision, if any, it is much too early for that.

On the other hand, you may not be able to assume that you will be happy with the degree of settling that one can reasonably expect, based on the photos here (with the last one, presumably, as the most recent).  Depending on how you heal you may, indeed, want another revision - one that will lift the nipples farther superiorly.  Additional scars may be required to do that.

For that and other reasons your should remain in contact with your plastic surgeon and, if necessary, seek a second opinion so that you have a better idea of what your options might be.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of RealSelf100

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures. Online consultants, without knowing the details of the operation performed, will not be able to provide you with valuable predictions and/or reassurances. Your plastic surgeon will be the best person to do so. However, it may be helpful for you to know that it is most likely that your breasts will change over the course of the next several weeks/months; in other words, it is much too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed, 2 weeks postoperatively. I would suggest continued patience and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.