Is this necrosis? And why? I'm healthy, non-smoker, non-drinker, non-diabetic, exercise regularly, maintained 30 lb wt. loss.

I'm 3 weeks post-op with wound at surgical site of my abdomen that started immediately as a black/bloody mark but just started to aggressively open a week ago. I have abdominal hardening that is spreading and lots of drainage. I'm on meds for BP but been normal/low BP for yrs with diet and exercise. Why would I get this? What is the prognosis for similar cases? Any info or ideas? My family is worried so I'm trying to be strong and informed for them. I'm full of anxiety though. Please help.

Acute problems after tummy tucks

+2

should be best managed by your surgeon but your description suggests you are having vascular compromise and your surgeon should be managing this for you. If yours is a typical problem, it will respond to debridement and wound care.

Necrosis

+2

If you are 3 weeks post op and your wound has opened for any reason you should be seen by your PS so it can be treated appropriately.

Dr. corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Post op abdominal wound

+2

It sounds like you might have necrosis of the skin flap. You should have this evaluated rather soon by your plastic surgeon to make sure that the appropriate steps are being taken to ensure that it heals as well as possible.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon