Vibrations and Bubbling in One Breast One Year After Op

Had breast augmentation almost one year ago. All fine, until last 2 days i feel a kinda bubbling, vibration in the side and under my left breast.

Breast Vibrations?

+1

I would not suspect that there is anything going on related to your initial surgery or healing process.  What you are describing is unusual and may just be something obvious that is presenting in a way that is unusual.  I would certainly suggest an exam with your surgeon.

G in One Breast One Year After Op

+1

Best to be examined by your chosen surgeon to address these issues. They most likely are not very significant. 

Follow-up with your surgeon

+1

Probably a good idea for you to be seen by your plastic surgeon to rule out leakage of the implant. Leakage may be diagnosed by physical exam or may require a MRI study depending on the type of implant.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Changes can occur for up to one year or longer

+1

It would not be uncommon for you to experience both changes in your breast sensation as well as the overall appearance of your breasts for up to one year if not longer. Your soft tissue surrounding the implant can stretch in response to the implant (greater with size), and the implant can move and settle as time progresses. This in turn can cause you to feel some of the local effects that you're currently experiencing. Conservative measures, such as massaging, warm packs, or potentially NSAIDS, can improve your symptoms. Usually these symptoms do resolve in time. If these persist for more than several weeks, or get worse, then you should make a follow-up appointment with your doctor to discuss. I hope you feel better. 

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD

Nerve Sensation Changes Not Uncommon In Breasts

+1

Even though it has been over a year since your breast augmentation surgery, it is not uncommon to still be having nerve sensation changes with the nerves fully recovering from the surgery.  It can take nerve tissue a full two years to fully recover from being traumatized during the surgery. The sensations you are experiencing are probably no more than that.  I recommend massaging the area for a few minutes two-three times a day,  This can help desensitize the nerve, and break up any scar tissue that may be irritating things.  If should go away on its own, but if it is persistent for the next few weeks, it is worth seeing your surgeon just to take a look.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon