Is Vibradermabrasion Unhealthy for Your Skin?

I've been considering getting facial vibradermabrasion done as an alternative to microdermabrasion and chemical peels. I have heard vibradermabrasion is good for people who have sensitive skin and I want to make sure any procedure I have done is extremely safe. I know that it removes most of the stratum corneum layer of the skin, and I was wondering if this exposes the lower layers to damage. As much as I would love smooth skin, isn't the stratum corneum there for a reason?

Vibradermabrasion is safe for your skin

+1

We have found Vibradermabrasion to be extremely safe. Our Vibraderm machine uses a slightly abrasive paddle for non-surgical exfoliating treatments for dull or rough skin, age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, acne and acne scarring. Vibradermabrasion accelerates the cellular turnover process and stimulates your skin to produce new collagen, bringing you closer to healthier, younger looking skin. It allows for the gradual resurfacing of skin without the risks, side effects and down-time of other, more aggressive alternatives. You should be careful to use an effective, full spectrum sunblock as well as a good antioxidant cream daily to protect your new skin.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/microdermabrasion/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon