How Many Vials of Juvederm Are Typically Used for Both Eyes (lower Eye Bags)?

How many vials of Juvederm are typically used for the lower left and right eyes(bags under eye), to achieve a nice natural look, but with noticeable difference?

Number of Juvederm Vials

+3

Difficult to say.  1 syringe may do the trick or it may take more depending on how deep the leading edge of the lowere eylid bags are.  Have you consider lower eyelift to remove these bags?

Juvederm under the eyes

+3

It's impossible to determine how much dermal filler a patient will need without an examination. Sometimes even after an adequate exam, due to the density of the patient's dermis, some patients require more dermal filler than a physician might expect. Personally, I am often surprised that everybody's skin responds to dermal filler in a unique way. Some people who require a large area of correction may sometimes require less volume than a patient that initially appears to need less.

Peter L. Kopelson, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

One syringe

+3

We prefer Restylane to Juvederm in this area, since Restylane is less likely to migrate. Tear trough  injections go very deep, and are placed in small increments, otherwise the results can be what you frequently  see on RealSelf, in the "what do I do now" category. One syringe is all that is required. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Juvederm under eyes should be used in very small amounts.

+3

Hi.

1) Juvederm Ultra or Restylane should be used in this very unforgiving area, not Juvederm Ultra Plus.

2)  The filler is placed deeply, under the muscle, and in tiny amounts.

3)  We usually use only one syringe, very occasionally two.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Fillers for eyelid bags, Juvederm or Restylane vs. surgery

+2

lower eyelid bags are either swelling of fluid or herniation of fat, neither of which are treated well with fillers. The fillers can absorb your water to puff it out and may make it look worse.  The groove between eyelid skin and the cheek, the line that goes diagonally from the corner of the eye/nose to the mid cheek, can be filled in with filler. I prefer Restylane for this area and usually not more than a half of a full syringe is needed per side but it does vary considerably for some patients.  A consultation would be needed for a physician to examine you and determine your needs. There are risks so make sure you see an experienced injector / physician to have filler injected in this off-label procedure.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm for Lower Eye Bags

+2

Juvederm is not used for lower eye bags -- rather it is injected into the tear trough (the hollow groove below the bagts) to try to camaflauge the bags a bit so that you have an overall smoother contour below the eyes.  Approximately 1 syringe of Juvederm is needed -- in the most severe cases, maybe up to 2 syringes will be needed to improve the problem.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

1-2 syringes of Juvedermâ„¢ for lower eye bags

+2

Dermal fillers, such as Juvederm™, are priced per syringe. The number of syringes required to achieve a smoother surface beneath the eyes depends on each individual.  Generally, however, physicians accomplish the desired result with 1 syringe (used for both the right and left eye).   The use of 2 syringes  (1 per eye) is necessary if the problem extends into the cheek.    

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

How Much Juvederm for Tear Troughs?

+2

A filling agent can be used to fill in the depression sometimes seen between the lower lid and the cheek.  This is an attempt to blend the lid/cheek junction.  If one is going to use a filling agent in this area, one needs to be very careful and go to an experienced person.  Usually the filler is placed under both eyes using one syringe.  We can always come back an do a little more...

Jeffrey Roth, MD

How Many Vials of Juvederm for Lower Lid Bags

+2

Fillers are not used to treat lower eyelid bags, but depressions along the orbital rim. If bags are the problem, consider surgical excision. I use a lot of Juvederm but prefer to  Restylane in the lids because it is less likely to cause temporary edema (swelling) immediately after injection. I typically use 1 syringe for both lids.

Juvederm for under eyes

+2

I will often use one or two syringes of filler to fill in the lower eyelid cheek junction for most patients.