Is Another Vial After 14 Months a Top Up or Will It Add Volume?

Is another vial to cheekbones after 14 months a top up to maintain previous level or will it add extra volume? Thank you.

Added volume to cheeks

+1
I am not completely sure due to the question which filler you are specifying. Most fillers come in predrawn syringes except for Sculptra. If you are looking for more fullness then you can always add more filler however most of these dissipate over time. I prefer doing a fat transfer to the cheek area, a percentage of the fat grafting takes adding a natural fullness the results are very satisfying to the patient and surgeon alike. I hope this is helpful to you if you have further questions with more specifics I may be able to further clarify a proper answer. Best regards!

Adding More Filler 14 Months after Cheek Augmentation

+1

Regardless of when you had filler injections to augment the cheeks, add more when and if you need or want more fullness.

Fine Tuning of Sculptra over the Years

+1

Your referring to your filler as a "vial" suggests to me you are referring to Sculptra. Sculptra is not a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to create volume in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Little to no results are usually seen after the first treatment. I usually recommend a minimum of three treatments, each one month apart. After your treatment series, the final result takes many months to appear but should last for years. Patients having one to two Sculptra treatment sessions rated their correction as good to excellent 48% of the time. After three treatment sessions this percentage rose to 50%. After four treatment sessions this percentage rose to 67%. After five treatment sessions this percentage rose to 75%. Over the years you can "fine tune" your results to replace volume as it is lost by having these "touch-up" injections.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Another vial of what

+1

Not sure what vial your are speaking about.  I don't know of any filler here in the US that lats 14 months except Artefil.

Added Volume

+1

You need to be more specific in your question.  You do not state what product you are talking about.  Different fillers last varying amounts of time, so there is no way to answer your question.  If you have loss of volume, then get the extra "vial."  However, if everything looks okay, then it may be better to wait.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD