What is Viafill Fat Injection?

Is it the same as fat grafting? And is that the same as spinning the fat before injecting? I'm still not quite getting it. Thanks

Viafill is the answer

+1

Studies show that centrifugation at more than 50 g's kills the fat - the only system with this speed centrifuge is the Viafill System. Good Physician technique does not change this fact. The typical centrifuge used by most physicians imparts 1287 G's on the fat.

Air and excess manipulation damage the fat. The viafill system leaves the fat in a sealed syringe throughout the process, no other technique or physician technique can compete with this.

The disposable cannulas with special lubricious coating have many benefits;

1-Because they are disposable, there is no chance of biofilm and other contaminants that can lead to infection.

2-Because they are disposable and have a lubricious coating, resistance is one third that of the usual reusable cannulas. This is better for minimizing trauma to the fat and the skin as well.

3- The matched cannulas allow for the perfect pearl size for fat, therby eliminating any lumpiness.

Viafill system is a kit

+1

the viafill system is just a disposable kit for harvesting, processing, and injecting fat.  it offers no real advantage if the surgeon is already using a proper technique.

Sam Naficy, MD

Technique is The Most Important Part of Fat Transfer

+1

Viafill is a branded kit for fat transfer sold by a company to physicians. I guess the point of the kit is to make fat transfer easier for physicians by standardizing the process. I have heard some claims that the Viafill procedure may produce better results than traditional fat transfer. However, I have never seen these claims substantiated by independent scientific evidence, which makes me question their validity.

Having taught liposuction and fat transfer for years at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, I know that the most important component of fat transfer is the surgeons technique in removing and placing the fat. When I teach doctors to perform fat transfer I always spend the most time showing them the importance of proper fat placement and the volume of fat that must be placed to help insure fat survival and good cosmetic results.

Fat transfer can create an incredible improvement in the appearance of an aging face, often eliminating the need for more invasive surgical procedures, such as facelift, while producing natural looking results. When selecting the physician to perform this amazing technique, the main focus should be on the skill and experience of the surgeon. I am not sure that this particular Viafill system offers any substantial improvement to the established method of fat transfer that experienced doctors are already using today.

Ilya Reyter, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist