Vi Peel - Skin Came off While Showering?

I did it on Monday at 4:30. Tuesdy at 7:00 I noticed skin flaking around my mouth but this wasn't supposed to happen for another 24-48 hours. Wednesday I had heavy flaking around my mouth. While in the shower that afternoon I washed my face, did not scrub washed with my hands but had very heavy skin balling up and coming off. Most of the skin had come off. Today I have very red skin and have some areas that look like they will peel again.

Normal Peeling

+1

This is normal, you will peel excessively. It is normal that you may peel again, just remember to moisturize 3 times a day and do not pick at any of the flaking skin.

Peeling after a Vi Peel

+1

I tell my patients to expect to "peel like a snake" after a Vi Peel.  What you are describing sounds normal.  I typically advise people to moisturize at least 4 times a day while peeling.  Do not pick at the skin.  If there is irritation sometimes 1% hydrocortisone ointment applied twice daily for 2-3 days can help.  If you are concerned, be sure to contact the person who performed your peel.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Hello

+1

What you’re describing sounds normal procedure for a VIPEEL. It sounds like it will peel again that should be ok. Make sure you follow up with your PS to make sure it looks fine. Without actually seeing you it’s hard to say. From your description its sounds like you’re going through the normal steps.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS