Can VF Gel Fill Nasolabial Folds and Vermilion Border?

VF gel is a calcium hydroxylapatite suspension indicated for Vocal Cord Medialization Implant and made by Coapt Systems

Not for lips

+2

I have used this for the lip area once and there were a lot white cysts month after injection. I do not recommend for the lips (skin is much thinner) .

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

This should not be used in the lips.

+2

When Radiesse was released the only problem that they had was when it was used in the lips. Therefore, they stated that it is not to be used in the lips. I assume the same will hold true for all similar fillers of calcium hydroxyapatite. Excellent in the nasolabial creases.

VF gel for nasolabial folds

+2

VF Gel is currently marketed for vocal cord medialization. As noted, it is a calcium hydroxylapatite in a gel carrier. This is similar to Radiesse(r). Coapt systems is conducting trials for injection of VF Gel into the nasolabial folds but it is not indicated for that use at this time.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

VF gel for implantation

+2

I haven't heard of this product but calcium hydroxylapetite is used in Radiesse.  Radiesse is not recommended for use in the lips because there have been lumps and granulomas in this area.  I would avoid it.

Under evaluation

+2

This is currently under evaluation in clinical trials and not currently available for injection as a cosmetic filler.

The only widely available calcium hydroxyapatite filler for cosmetic indications is Radiesse. Bioform, makers of Radiesse, generally do not promote injections into the vermillion border. There are reports that the repeated action of the lips can make the calcium appear more superficial with palpable or visible nodules. However, there are practiitioners who have had extensive exprience with Radiesse in the lips with satsifactory results.