Can a Vessel Directly Below my Eye Be Removed?

I have two vessels directly below my eyes (on the area, where you somethimnes have dark circles). One vessel is blue and one green. They are both less than 1 mm in diameter. Can I have these vessels removed with laser? Which laser would be suitable?

Laser facial vein treatment

+3

That type of vein can usually be treated very simply with a laser.  In fact, the laser doesn't actually remove the vessel but coagulates it under the skin so it doesn't fill with blood, and is no longer visible.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Max G IPL is safer than Laser to remove eyelid veins

+2

Lasers are commonly used to remove small veins on the lower eyelid. However, the most effective lasers are 532NM and 1064NM lasers and they are very powerful and some do not recommend that bthe 1064 be used on the face.

The new max G IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a Flash lamp not a laser and is safer to use on the eyelid. This newer-more effective IPL can remove eyelid veins up to 3-4 mm.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lasers and blood vessels

+2

Yes, a YAG laser may work but there is a high relapse rate as mother nature tried to recreate the blood vessel. Repeat treatments may be needed.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Veins around eyes

+2

Small spider like veins on the eyelid skin can be treated with lasers to spot weld them.  Larger vessels can be a problem.

Laser vein removal for eyelids

+2

I have been happy with the 1064nm laser for this application. It works even for veins as large as 2mm.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

These vessels may be treatable with laser.

+2

There are a variety of laser that may be effective in closing off these vessels.  Im my office, I use a YAG laser for this purpose.  Not all laser treatments for closure of these veins is effective.  Sometimes the vessel is larger than it appears and this can affect the success of these treatments.  Generally in my office, if two laser treatments are unsuccessful, direct vein phlebectomy is recommended.  This is a small but fussy procedure to strip the vein from the eyelid.  These typically are done in the office procedure room under local anesthesia.  Some advocate sclerosing these veins with the same type of scelerosant agents used for leg veins.  Be aware that these veins communicate directly with the veins that also supply the eye.  I am not personally aware of anyone going blind from this type of treatment.  However, it is a theoretical possibility and in my opinion, so not worth the risk.

Stay safe out there.

Prominent lower eyelid blood vessels

+1

Along with laser options noted in the other answers, it may be possible to surgically ligate the vessel(s) depending on the size and location.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon