Vertical Wrinkle from Eyelid to Brow, Would Perlane be a Good Solution?

I am 47 and had upper eyelid surgery in 2008 (3 years ago) I am happy with result but.. I have 3 deep vertical wrinkles from eyelid to eyebrow, almost as if too much skin was removed and there is spare above the incision.. like it puckered almost.. it really gets me down, can these be filled with say perlane? they're quite deep? & In the past i had sculptra and radiesse in another sleep line next to my chin upwards (not nasal labial fold) and these treatments barely improved it, would perlane?

Perlane and vertical wrinkles

+1

Perlane is a great volumizer, but it is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining you. A full assessment with a board certified plastic surgeon or reputable and well-trained injector might help assess your current situation and provide either surgical or injectable options.

Juvederm UltraXC Works Well For Fine lines, Crow's Feet, & Perioral Lipstick Bleeding Lines

+1

A good quality close-up photo would have been extremely helpful. But, in general, I have found that Juvederm UltraXC, diluted according to location and specific need with lidocaine plus epinephrine, yields gratifying results for all kinds of very fine, superficial lines and crinkles, such as "crow's feet", "eleven" lines between the eyes, forehead "worry" lines, and peroral "smokers" or "lipstick bleeding" lines, as well as fine wrinkling elsewhere. As a rule, Perlane and Juvederm UltraPlus XC are each too viscous for dealing with fine lines and are more useful for providing volumization and contouring.

The technique for very fine lines involves the precise placement of microdroplets of the filler beneath the skin within the upper dermis, after which it is massaged level with the surrounding skin. Experience and expertise on the part of the injector are essential. Injected too deeply and the result may be lumpiness; injected too superficially, the material may lead to ridge-like lines.

In addition to the direct filling of the wrinkles, the stretching  within the dermis caused by the presence of the filer is believed to encourage the collagen producing cells (fibroblasts) located there to increase the quantity and quality of native collagen production, which may further supplement and prolong the aesthetic improvement.

To gauge the potential extent of improvement, your doctor may suggest injecting a bit of physiologic saline (salt) solution under a particular wrinkle line. Absorbed in only a few minutes, the salt solution can give an idea of whether the area may benefit from this microdroplet filler treatment. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Wrinkles about eye to eyebrow...

+1

I would highly recommend you go to an experienced injector and I would first try filling these "wrinkles" in with Restylane. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Grant Stevens, MD

Vertical wrinkles on eyelid - Restylane over Perlane

+1

I agree with the others - i would probably recommend Restylane first.  Perlane may be too thick and lumpy in this area and may make it look worse.  I inject small wrinkles in the upper eyelid quite regularly with Restylane and the results seem to be quite good with very small amounts used. As always make sure you are going to a very experienced injector.  Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

+1

First try Restylane (shorter lasting) just to be sure you like the appearance. Just as Dr Steinsapir stated. 

A photograph would be very helpful here.

+1

Restylane is probable better for this purpose.  Due to the location, a very experienced injector is necessary to do this.  One is looking for a very smooth result with no lumps.  Due to the vascular structure in these areas care must be exercised to avoid intravascular injection.