Vertical Stretch Marks on my Side, Can These Be Removed As Well As the Loose Skin on Side?

i have loose skin on my stomach and lower back with vertical stretch marks on my sides. can these be removed with surgery. i do not have stretch marks under my belly button so a typical tummy tuck would not be right for me

Stretch Mark removal leaves a scar

+2

Removing vertical stretch marks on your sides probably isn't desirable.  Usually abdominal stretch marks are the only ones we can remove without unacceptable scarring.  Laser treatments for stretch marks have been disappointing.  Consider posting a photo and we can give better advice.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Unusual patterns of loose skin and stretch marks

+1

There are many variations on a tummy tuck or lower body lift that can be customized to address your problem areas once you meet with a board certified plastic surgeons.  A video in the attached link shows a few of these options.

Tummy tuck,stretch marks

+1

A tummy tuck will remove the stretch marks between the belly button and the pubic hair scar. If yours are on the sides, it may not remove them but it could make them less visible because they would be more taut. Also, if they are red, then a laser could fade them and if they are white a Thermage procedure, radiofrequency waves, may tighten them. So, you do have options.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

REMOVING STRETCH MARKS ON THE SIDE OF BODY

+1

It is hard to answer your question without photos. If your stretch marks are low to the side, next to where you loose abdominal skin is, then the incision for the tummy tuck can be extended to the side, removing some or all the stretch marks.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Vertical Stretch Marks on my Side, Can These Be Removed As Well As the Loose Skin on Side

+1

Very hard to answer without a posted photo. Most stretch marks can not be removed by surgery or laser, sorry. Seek in person opinions from doctors in your area. 

Sometimes stretch marks can be difficult to remove...

+1

You are describing a location where it may be difficult to remove the stretch marks.  The scar created by such removal may not be worth it.  It really depends on how much the idea of the scar bothers you.  Sometimes a tummy tuck can have the incisions extended out towards the sides to remove this skin that you mention but you need to be seen by a plastic surgeon to best discuss your options.  

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon