Can Vertical Scar on Lip Be Removed?

I have a vertical scar that starts on my lip and stops about an inch above it. It goes inwards and I have had it since I was 6 years old. Is it possible for me to have it reduced better yet, removed?

Fraxel re:pair is great for lip scars

+2

I have an example in the Fraxel re:pair pictures of an upper lip scar that was virtually erased with the Fraxel re:pair. This can be done with minimal discomfort using blocks, and with no oral medications. Scars can sometimes take more than one treatment. Anytime you do surgery, you will leave a scar, hopefully it's smaller, but not always.

Vertical scar on lip

+1

Sounds like you have a depressed scar. Options to consider include filler (Restylane, Juvederm) and saline subcision. I would consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area also to discuss options for surgical revision.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist