Have Vertical Line That Looks Like a Scar from a New Botox Injection- Will This Go Away?

Had botox from a new person and she injected the inner corners of my lower lid saying that I would be "very happy" with the results. I have never had injections in this area before and did it with some trepidation. Now there is a vertical crease emanating from the outer corner of my right eye that looks like a scar and an eye bag that was never there before three days ago. I look horrible. The left eye was mostly left alone because i winced when she did the injection and that eye is fine.

Botox for Lower Eye Lid?

+2

Hi Denver.  It's a bit difficult to determine exactly what's going on without a picture.  On the other hand, based on the description, it sounds like the type of injection or the technique may be wrong.  

Also not sure that any correction could be offered as it sounds like an unusual spot was injected in the first place.  You should definitely go back to the practitioner that did this to express your concerns, if nothing else than to help others that may come behind you and further educate your injector.  

You may just need to wait for effects to wear off, which could be up to 3-4 months.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/the-art-of-facial-shaping.aspx

Botulinum toxin injection to eyelid caused a crease

+1

In some instances the botulinum toxin injection can cause and imbalance in muscles that produce tension lines that look like a crease. It sounds as if this is the case.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

Botox injection by eyes

+1

It is not common to inject Botox near the lower lid.  Most of the time around the eyes it is used for crow's feet.  Unusual muscle contractions can develop but they will go away as the Botox wears off.

Crease from botox

+1

The good thing is that it will go away in time and should not be a permanent deformity.So i would just tight and give it some time.t

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Botox problem near the eye

+1

I would recommend you go back to you doctor and discuss it with them.  It may be you need an adjustment that they can perform.  If not Botox effects go away in 3-4 months and it should return to what it was before.

Sincerely,

Dr Gartner

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Botox is temporary

+1

I have never injected the inner lower lid; I have frequently injected small amounts in the mid pupillary line lower lid margin for lower lid lines in which case Botox works very well.  The good news is that any problematic issue that you are encountering should wear off in a few weeks to a few months.

Mobile Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox injections near the eye

+1

I'm not sure that I know exactly which muscle and for what purpose the botox was injected on you, nor do I exactly know what kind of line has now formed, but it should not be permanent. If you see your doctor they may be able to adjust your outcome by injecting  a different area depending on which muscles are involved in your situation. Certainly you may see a second opinion if you wish.

Botox: Pitfalls

+1

Botox is a purified neurotoxin that strongly binds with proteins to deactivate the messaging system between nerves and muscles. Once this process is started it will take approximately 4 months for the effects to fade. Ideally your question would be accompanied with a photo, but from your comments it sounds like the orbicularis muscle for the right eye has been overtreated. Time and patience will be necessary parts in your recovery. Please make certain that your right eye has adequate protection from exposure during this process. Best regards, JMR

Unwanted Botox effect

+1

The good news is that Botox injections are temporary. The bad news is that Botox injections are temporary.

When you like the effects of Botox treatments, they seem to fade all too soon over four to six months.

When you don't like the effects or have an unpleasant unexpected side effect, fortunately it will be self limited and should gradually resolve over a few weeks to a few months.  Nothing has really been shown to work to speed up the resolution process so just give it time.  Just avoid have that area treated again in the future.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox into eyelids can cause issues

+1

Without a photo to review its difficult to make precise comments about your situation - but if the Botox was placed into the 'corner of your lower eyelid' perhaps some of the toxin has denervated your pre-septal orbicularis muscle- which can result in a baggy appearance to the lower eyelid. Botox does wear off after a few weeks and this problem should be self-limited.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com