Vertical Incision Only Medial Thigh Lift Plus High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty - Concerned About Lift

Posted a previous question that was misunderstood. I am concerned that I will not get enough lift from a vertical incision medial thigh lift only (even though it is being coupled with high lateral tummy tuck) because there will be no groin incisions to lift the thigh vertically. Does a high lateral tummy tuck lift the thigh in the vertical plane?

Thigh lift and tummy tuck

+2

I agree, in my experience the front and lateral thigh are often lifted via an abdominoplasty and I have not seen an appreciable difference in the medial thighs after.  If you are concerned that the vertical only incision for the thigh lift will not address  you problem areas you should thoroughly discuss this with your PS PRIOR to surgery.  Make sure your concerns are understood and that the explanations make sense, if no then get a second opinion.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

High lateral tummy tuck

+1

Without photos it's tough to see which operation is best for you.  The terms for abdominoplasty vary a lot.  You mentioned a "high lateral tummy tuck" which may or may not refer to a high lateral tension tummy tuck where the lift is placed mostly on the sides instead of the middle.  The lift is minimal even in the HLTTT so I'd expect that you are correct in assuming that it won't lift your thighs much.  Hope this helps,

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Inner thigh lift

+1

IIf patients have severe laxity, I use a groin incision medial thigh lift and may add a vertical component as well. I have never just done a vertical excision alone.

Tummy tuck and Inner Thigh Lift

+1

A tummy tuck will usually improve the outer thigh (and possibly the front of the thigh) a LITTLE. Its not an operation that is intended to treat the thigh, and particularly not the inner thigh.

A medial thigh lift will improve the inner thigh and usually requires a vertical incision for the best results. Generally, even when there is a vertical incision being made, the upper part of the thigh will require the incision to be carried into the groin crease or backwards towards the buttock crease. This is necessary to remove the excess skin and fat of the upper part of the inner thigh and to keep the skin smooth. Your surgeon can explain his/her plan to you and let you know if that extension of the incision is likely in your case. There are a few patients that don't have a lot of excess skin in the upper part of the inner thigh and might do well with a vertical incision alone. In my experience most patients do need that extension for the best results.

I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Tummy tuck effect on thighs

+1

This is hard to answer without seeing a picture and doing a good physical exam. Based on personal experience, I have seen the outer and front part of the thigh improve after a tummy tuck or body lift. However, it really depends on how loose the skin is and how the technique is done.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS