I Have a Vertical Forehead Scar and Was Wondering if There is Any Non Surgical Ways to Reduce Visibility? (photo)

I am aware there are ways to reduce the visibility but unsure how much they will help me personally, especially because it is vertical and it is in the middle of my forehead. The color has faded through the years but it remains visible mostly because is is indented, maybe there is a way to smooth it out and get it level with my skin. I know my scar could be much worse but it still bothers me a lot. It is a few years old, i am going to attach photos also. thanks !!

Scar release procedures for depressed scars on the forehead

+1

Percutaneous scar release (PSR) can work well to reduce the visibility of this scar.  In addition, the scar can be resurfaced with fractional laser. 

Non-surgical Options for Reducing Visibility of Indented Vertical Forehead Scar

+1

Your best options are to combine Botox or Dysport with a dermal filler like Juvederm XC or Radiesse. I prefer Radiesse for smoothing out indented scars, because it stimulates collagen production and is more long lasting than the hyaluronic acid fillers. Smoothing out the texture of your facial skin with modalities like chemical peels or microdermabrasion treatments can give added benefit.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Scar correction

+1

For scars such as one you are showing an office performed dermabrasion can be quite helpful. This not to be confused with microdermabrasion which is much more superficial and has no real effect on scars. The dermabrasion can be performed in the office and serves to smooth out the transition boundary between normal tissue and scar itself. Fractional and ablative lasers can offer similar benefits but not to the same degree and not at same cost as dermabrasion.

Julian Henley, MD
Greeley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler injections and...

+1

Filler injections and/or Botulinum toxin might make the scar less visible, but they will be temporary.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon