Allergan Style 20 Implants With Vertical Breast Lift Recommended?

Can I use a allergen style 20 implant with a vertical lift and not have my breast look like cones?

Breast Appearance with Allergan Style 20 implants and Vertical Lift

+2

One can certainly obtain a beautiful, natural shape to the breast with the Allergan Style 20 implant combined with a vertical mastopexy (lift) to create a non-cone shape to the breast.  The key to achieving this result has to do with matching the implant size and shape (profile) to the patient's natural breast.  The Style 20 is the high profile implant giving the most projection to the breast.  I reserve it for patients who lack natural projection. 

For patients with already natural projection I prefer to use the Style 15 moderate-plus profile which has slightly less projection.  This can help with avoidance of the cone appearance thus achieving a beautiful natural breast shape.

You should definitely consult with one or more plastic surgeons board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and, preferably, also members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  These plastic surgeons should also be experienced in augmentation-mastopexy procedures.  They can best determine the style and profile implant to optimally enhance your natural breast shape.  Best of luck to you.

Dothan Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants and a lift.

+1

It is certainly possible to achieve natural appearing breasts using Allergan Style 20 (high profile) implants with a lift. The choice of implant depends upon the size/shape of your current breasts. Whether or not this is the right choice for you depends entirely upon a consultation and full exam, which obviously cannot be done over an internet forum. If you have concerns, why not seek a second opinion? Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants will weaken and widen a vertical scar lift

+1

Dear Jeninny,

I would encourage you to re-submit your question with photos to give you the best advice possible.

There is another option to the vertical scar lift with implant. It is a new technique called the Mini Ultimate Breast Lift. It is a version of the Ultimate Breast Lift. The Mini UBL utilizes a suspension technique that allows your existing breast tissue to be draped over a small submuscular implant. The result is a naturally shaped breast that has longevity by not creating a point of weakness at the site of a vertical scar.  Your only scar will be around the areola. If however, you have enough breast volume, then a full UBL will be right for you.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for My Vertical Breast Lift/Augmentation?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advise without direct examination or viewing pictures. The best advice I can give you online:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "huge and fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Allergan Style 20 Breast Implants with Vertical Breast Lift

+1

The Allergan Style 20 is a high profile implant with a relatively small implant diameter relative to its volume.  This means that the implant will have quite a bit of forward projection.  The practical consequence is that the breast created with this implant will have considerable forward thrust, especially in its upper pole.

In my own practice I don't make much use of these implants for primary breast augmentation or augmentation-mastopexy, because I and my patients prefer a more natural look.  It all comes down to a matter of artistic preference.

As a general rule I would caution against high profile implants is you are thin, unless you are looking for a result where there is a relatively abrupt transition in the upper border of the breast.

Implants and a vertical breast lift (mastopexy)

+1

Remember the basic fact of breast surgery:

Each breast is made up of only two parts: skin and volume.  

It is the balance between these two elements that give the breast its most aesthetically pleasing appearance.  The implant provides the size while the tailoring of the skin around the volume (breast and implant) provides the shape.

All of the FDA approved devices (Allergan, Mentor, Sientra) have essentially the same safety profile; I am more concerned with the the lift.  

The vertical lift should only be used when there is not excessive length of skin between the nipple and breast fold.  Too much skin leads to "bottoming out."   The vertical scar technique may not adequately address this "pseudo-ptosis." 

Pictures would help

Implants and a vertical lift

+1

A vertical lift and implants can be performed without creating a conical looking breast.  They can certainly be made rounder and fuller.

Breast choices

+1

In general a style 20 when combined with a lift will give quite a dramatic increase in projection(i.e. how far your breasts stick out from your chest). A mastopexy ( breast lift) can help reduce the tendency for breasts to take on a cone shape. Good luck

Web reference: http://www.coastalcosmetic.com

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Allergan Style 20 Implants With Vertical Breast Lift Recommended

+1

Without photographs, there is no basis to make a recommendation. Consult in person with three to four expert and experienced board certified plastic surgeons to review your options.