Which Version of Lipo is Right for Me?

I'm interested in lipo as the last year or so, my weight has really got me down. Moreso than I could ever get across through text. Pricing isn't an issue, but I'm wondering which version of lipo is most effective in the long term? Not visually, but percentage wise, removal of fat long-term and redistribution? Even if whole body was done. Apologies if I've asked too many contrasting questions, but I appreciate the help, thanks.

Best lipo

+2

I always say it is not the wand but the magician waving the wand that creates all the magic!  Any form can do a nice job it all depends upon the surgeon.

Smartest liposuction is done by a good surgeon and for the right reasons

+2

Forget brands of liposuction, but remember that it is surgery and it is the surgeon that makes the most important difference. Ignore claims about which is safer, more effective, less invasive, etc. because that is all promotional hype. Liposuction is liposuction is liposuction, and it is a body shaping procedure not weight loss.

Richard Baxter, MD

Types of liposuction

+2

The tool used to remove fat is not as important as the person doing it.  There really is no difference in results between Smartlipo and its varients, ultrasonic lipo, power assisted lipo etc.  If done properly, all techniques will work well.

It sounds like lipo may not be the procedure for you as it is not a method to treat weight gain.  Lipo is good to remove fat deposits.

It is best to seek a few consultations with a reputable surgeon to see what is best for your situation.

Leonard Harris, MD
Burlington Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo can potentially remove more fat

+2

If I am understanding your question correctly, you want to know which type of liposuction procedure would remove the most fat.  I would recommend doing smartlipo - this is the application of laser energy into the fat, to break up the fat and fibrous tissue before the fat is removed.  This extra step allows for more fat and supportive tissue to be liquified and removed compared to conventional liposuction.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

It's not the machine that matters, it's the surgeon

+1

It doesn't matter which machine is being used if your surgeon doesn't know what he/she is doing.  In the same manner, it doesn't matter which machine is used when your surgeon is an excellent artist with experience and tons of pictures to back up his claims.  SmartLipo, BodyTite, VASER, BodyJet are all variation on the original tumescent liposuction which is still the gold standard.  There are no scientific studies that show one give superior results to another.

Look for a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has a lot of experience with Liposuction, who has a reputation for quality work AND care.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC,

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD