Scar Revision for Hypertrophic Scarring Under the Crease. Recs for PS Specializing in This

I am only 1/4 Asian and fairly thin skinned. I was shocked to be left with hypertrophic scarring after under the crease breast aug 1.5 years ago. The scars are very dark and raised and are unsightly. Im only 19 and I am miserable. It has been recommended that the scars get recut and resewn for a 2nd chance at healing more optimally. Is there a stitch material/method that might be better? Recs for a PS specializing in scar revision for ETHNIC SKIN would be most appreciated!! Please help me.

+1

Hypertrophic scarring is not unusual in darker skin; nonetheless scar revision can help, but to prevent recurrent scarring, ask your surgeon about treating the nascent scar with the combination of steroids/intense pulsed light lasers/neuromodulators (dysport/botox). 

Ramtin Kassir, MD  Facial Plastic Surgeon NY/NJ

Hypertrophic scarring may require radiotherapy with revision.

+1

Excision of this scar may result in an improvement just because the skin has had time to stretch, and therefore there would be less "pull" on the inciision. You may aslo want to consider consulting with a radiotherapist in your area that does radiotherapy of keloid/hypertrophic scar revisions. The radiation only goes "skin deep", and can reduce recurrence more than 80%.  The first treatment is usually done immediately after the surgery, (same day), and then once each the 2 days following.

Debra Irizarry, MD
Crestone Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sorry for your issue. A posted photo would have helped. Any boarded plastic surgeon can do a scar revision. Seek 3 opinions in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Hypertrophic scars

+1

Sometimes the scars from breast augmentation can be revised and they may look better because presumably the tissues have relaxed after already being stretched from the augmentation.