Why are these internal stitches coming out? It's been almost one year. (Photo)

Is this normal now visit a wound care dr who is also a ps. He just cut the entire wound. What if there's more??sept 11 it will be a year

Wound care

+1
I agree with the previous answers. Now that the permanent sutures are out, your wound can heal.
Make sure you optimize your nutrition with good amount of protein. That will help speed the healing.

Good luck and thank you for posting the picture.

Suture issues that one year

+1
Thank you for your picture. Your plastic surgeon/wound care specialist did the right thing by removing the suture. There maybe more but at the right person is surveying your wound . Once all the suture has been removed the wound should readily heal.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Spitting sutures

+1
I'm assuming you had a tummy tuck?  During suturing of the muscles sometimes permanent sutures are used and they can become infected.  If they are all removed you should heal, but if some remain exposed your wound may not heal.  You may require a scar revision once things do heal.

Peter Kreymerman, MD, FACS
Morehead City Plastic Surgeon

Permanent stitches may get extruded

+1
Sometimes, when permanent stitches are used, they can become infected and extruded.  It's not common but it can happen.  Now that they are out give it time to fully heal.

Martin Jugenburg, MD