Varicose Veins Preventing Movement in Leg?

I have a major vericose vein from my ankle to the upper thigh on right leg. I am having major problems twisting my knee when walking and going up stairs. Could the veins be the problem or is it my knee having problems. Is there one doctor that does knee repair and vericose veins both? Or do i have to go to two different doctors.

Early ultrasound to assess varicose vein problems in the legs

+2

Varicose veins and venous reflux can cause symptoms of pain and early muscle fatigue.  I would recommend early intervention begining with an ultrasound. 

Two different doctors needed.

+1

Varicose veins are due to malfunctioning (reflux) of the valves usually in the saphenous system.  Although varicose veins can cause pain, what you are describing does not appear to be typical of vein pain.  You should see a vein specialist and undergo a venous ultrasound to evaluate your veins and you should see an orthopedic surgeon to evaluate your knee.  Following this, decisions can be made as to the cause of your pain and the proper treatment and order of treatment.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Varicose Veins Preventing Leg Movement

+1

Thank you for your question. I recommend two different doctors.  An Orthopedic Surgeon for your knee, and Vascular surgeon for the varicose vein. Use experts in their respective fields.  First you need a diagnosis as to the cause of your pain, then a vascular evaluation. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Varicose veins and knee joint

+1

Your problem with the knee joint most likely is not affected by your venous problem. Orthopedic surgeons don't handle varicose Veins , so you need to see two different specialists

G.Hotchandani, MD

Greenbay, Wisconsin

Gope Hotchandani, MD
Green Bay General Surgeon