I Have a Scar Under my Nose from Stitches As a Child, Would a Lip Lift Get Rid of It? (photo)

I have a scar that is a straight line directly under my nose, horizontal and about an inch long. I am considering an upper lip lift. I noticed in the online photos that the area the surgeons cut out is the same area where my scar is at. I am hoping that by having an upper lip lift that the scar can be completely cut out and removed as well, and then the surgery scar will heal really nice and I'll have a nice upper lip and no more scar. Would this be the case?

Lip lift for scar revision

+1
Although the photos are too far away, it does appear that this may be an option. Scars tend to heal very well along the curve beneath the nose and this procedure can essentially advance the scar into a less noticeable location. 

Augusta Plastic Surgeon

Reducing or correcting a lip scar

+1

There are many scar revision techniques for the mentioned lip scar. You do not need a lip lift, so a scar revision of the lips would be preferable. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

+1

Posted photos are really to far and out of focus to see the scar you describe. Best to obtain IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. For a possible scar revision or lip lift as you state.