Veneers for a Youthful Smile?

As I age and my upper lip and cheeks droop, my smile almost disappears. Can veneers create a 'toothier' smile?

Veneers can restore your smile

+1

Many things happen as we age, and often we are only aware of some of them. Seeing them less may be a result of them wearing down, among other things. Porcelain veneers can lengthen teeth, whiten teeth, correct their proportions and many others.

While the dentist has total creative control, patients get to add their own input, so if you have specific results in mind, share them with the dentist. If they are skilled and experienced (ask for pictures of their own results) they should be able to deliver.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers to reduce signs of aging

+1

As we age, gravity takes effect. Our smiles are not immune. The upper lip begins to droop lower, hiding/covering upper teeth in the smile. Lower lip droops too, showing more lower teeth. Teeth wear down, causing the jaws to close closer together, resulting in downward turn of the corners of the mouth.

Porcelain veneers on upper teeth (or upper and lower teeth called 'opening the bite') can turn the corners of the lips back up, plump the upper lip up, and give a more youthful look. I have completed many cases where my patient looks 15-20 years younger in photos. Having a smile makeover with veneers by an experienced cosmetic dentist (be careful who you choose to improve your smile) is a GREAT way to shave years off your appearance.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers can restore youth to face

+1

A smile can show our age or make us even look older. A vibrant bright smile with proper length and contour is a sign of youth and an appearance of health. Teeth that are yellow and worn down can make us look older and also give a lack of support to our facial structure. Therefore the lips and the skin may seem to sag. By restoring the smile with veeners the width of the smile in the back can be built out a few millimeters and can retore facial and lip support. Overall the face and smile will appear younger.

Jennifer Jablow, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, veneers can restore original length of teeth

+1

Not only can the soft tissues of the face lose volume over the years but teeth tend to wear over the years. This slowly shortens the teeth and ages your smile. Veneers are great for restoring the original length of teeth and a slightly bulkier veneer can offer more lip support. The overall esthetic improvement can result in a more youthful smile.

Daniel W. Schiavone, DDS
Rochester Cosmetic Dentist