Veneers Pushing Upper Lip out Too Far, What Can Correct This?

I had veneers put in over my already straight teeth no grinding of naturale teeth. Mine did not show anymore. Now mouth protrudes out like a pussy cat dentist created an overbite my natural teeth line up no overbite. very unhappy teeth nice mouth awful

Porcelain Veneers bulky on lip

+1

Your bulky and over extended Veneers are a common issue with Prepless and Coventional Veneers. The Cosmetic dentist must carefully determine the proper and functional position of the teeth in the freeway space behind your lip. The incisal edge posisiton must also function with our speech. This can easily be accomplished with creating carefully designed Temporaries (Provisionals) to test drive and modify as needed until the ideal size and position is determined for you. With Prepless Veneers, the same "Test Drive" is accomplished with a Mock Up of the Veneers prior to starting the case. I hope this helps you and good luck.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Non Prep Veneers Too Bulky

+1

Non prep veneers are excellent restorations placed in the right environment.  The teeth need to have a profile that will allow for the extra thickness of the veneer.  If they don't, the lip contour can be affected.  The key with no prep or prep veneers is proper diagnosis and placement of excellent temporaries so you get to experience the new length and contours to see if they are satisfactory.  Once the final restorations are placed they can be shorted slightly but that is about all you can do to them.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Problem with no-prep veneers

+1

When you have a dentist place no prep (no removal of tooth structure) this is one of the complaints patients have is the their lip protrudes out more.  I do not place no prep veneers for this reason.  With a little planning and slight removal of tooth structure, this problem may have been avoided

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

When they do not prep ( remove tooth structure) to place veneers

+1

This happens when they do not prep ( remove tooth structure) to place veneers . This is one of the reasons why I  personally  am not a fan of  no prep veneers such as in the concept behind  lumineers .

everything has to be taken into consideration. Teeth are a part of  our face not an isolated portion. Minimal prep is almost always advised. You do need to do them over. son, wrinkles and unnecessary lines form on your lips and surrounding borders of your mouth. they also have more possiblility of chipping if your teeth have over jet/overbite .

please visit an experienced cosmetic dentist. 

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

No prep veneers

+1

This is what happens with no prep veneers. You need to see an experienced dentist for cosmetic dentistry. Ask to see pictures and make sure it is their own work. You have to remove a little under one millimeter to account for the thickness of the veneers.

Dr. Sue Wendling

Sue Wendling, DMD
Portland Cosmetic Dentist