Can I Get Veneers if my Teeth Are Not Straight?

I went to my dds and I was looking to get lumineers but he said that I need invisalign first. Now I don't want lumis because you still need to prep the teeth so I might as well get a different brand because some people are saying bad things about lumis and I know there thinner so they can crack easily. It makes no sense because you need to prep if your teeth are thick and if you don't it would not look aesthetic my teeth are not that crooked Any 1 recommend someone for veneers In NYC or NJ area

Go for the Veneers

+1

What you say about the lumineers is very true. they crack easily and also they are so thin, that if your real teeth are yellow, basically you will not see a real difference. veneers can change the shape ad color of the tooth and are a wonderful aesthetic option, based in your description.

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, you can get veneers on crooked teeth but...

+1

The more crooked the teeth are, the more preping/grinding you will need to make the veneers look good. Its always better to straighten the teeth first. You can use invisalign and whiten your teeth at the same time. At that point you re-evalutate to see if you still want the veneers. You may find that you may not need them or maybe need less veneers. Also, the preping of the teeth will be much more conservative.

I do not like nor recommmend Lumineers. The look fake, bulky, and dead. Also, many times they cause harm to your gums/bone due to the bulkiness around the gums. The brand name of the veneers does not matter, this is driven by marketing and ads. What matters is the doctor and the technician/ceramist. Feldspathic porcelain is the most esthetic. They have natural transluceny and life,  but if your teeth are too dark then you may have to go to a denser porcelain like e-max.

Good luck

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers Can be Made for Crooked Teeth

+1

I also agree that Lumineers are not very esthetic. They usually look fake. Porcelain Veneers can be made for crooked teeth without Invisalign as long as they are not too crooked. The teeth will be prepped to get them into better alignment. I am a very experienced cosmetic dentist located in Manhattan. You can visit my website:GramercyDenetalArts.com. Feel free to contact me if you would like a complimentary consultation (212)477-1647

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Can I get veneers if teeth are not straight

+1

If teeth are too crowded then moving the teeth with orthodontics may be best prior to veneering the teeth.  I too am not a fan of Lumineers.  I prefer regular veneers.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers can correct minor crowding or alignment issues

+1

If the teeth are TOO crowded, then ortho first would be best, but many times veneers can be considered "instant orthodontics".  The teeth didn't actually move, but they appear straight in a very short time.

I too am not a fan of Lumineers.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist