Veneers Before or After Mini-lift?

I am planning on getting 10 Empress veneers on my upper teeth and also plan on a facelift (a mini lift) to correct looseness in the jowls of my face. Is there an order in which to proceed? Is it better to get veneers put in before or after getting a mini lift?

Dental work before mini-lift always!

+1

Most people do not realize how changing your smile, might be the solution to a more youthful look without having to go through further surgery.  The aging face can appear naturally years younger by optimizing the teeth and coordinating the bite. Patients can look years younger after veneers are placed.

Their facial creases and frown lines are diminished and the shape of the mouth and the lips change.  Many people do the opposite and go for the facelift and still are not happy with their smile and color and shape of their teeth. I would start with the most simple, veneers and if not happy, then on to the mini- lift.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers always before cosmetic procedures

+1

Always before cosmetic procedures. Over time as we age the vertical dimension (the space between the upper and lower jaw decreases) increasing facial creases and frown lines. Porcelain veneers once placed if treatment planned properly can open and restore the vertical dimension. This process can take 10 years off an aging face improving not only wrinkles but lip support.

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth work

+1

All teeth work should be done first. Appropriate teeth and bite will change the shape of the mouth and lips. It will improve on the results of the face lift.

Do the veneers first

+1

We in the Beverly Hills community know this to be true. The plastic surgeon will want to see your lip line or smile line and this is done by looking at the edges of your teeth. Get the new longer veneers placed first so that the Invasive surgery will have a better result.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers before facial plastic surgery

+1

I have had patients who, after having their veneers placed, have reduced wrinkles to the point that they did not have to have the facial plastic surgery. Furthermore, if you still have facial plastic surgery, the surgeon will want to work on you after he can see the finish point of your lips (which may be fuller after veneers). Smile Makeover, then face lift.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

There is no right answer

+1

If the lips are affected by the mini lift, my advice would be to do the veneers AFTER the plastic surgery. Much like periodontal treatment, where we want that part completed before we place restorations, having plastic surgery done in advance tells the dentist what the smile looks like and where to improve it.

Often with plastic surgery, the procedure is done and then we wait to see how the body heals. With veneers, we have very little guessing (therefore more control). As a restorative dentist, I would much rather know where the lip line is before placing a smile.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers before Plastic Surgery

+1

Alot of times patients going through plastic surgery realize having their teeth done would help them look younger. As we age teeth get shorter, darker and thinner. A youthful smile is bright, vibrant and shows a good amount of tooth structure.

A major factor for facial and lip support are teeth. As we age and loose tooth structure, we loose support of the skin around our mouth. By rebuilding the teeth we get lip support and facial structure support. The posterior teeth can be built out a few millimeters to give a scaffold for the skin to drape.

Therefore the teeth should be done first and there would be less to do surgically afterward.

New York Cosmetic Dentist