Veneers or Lumineers for Underbites and Missing Tooth?

I got all my teeth healthy now, no cavities. I am missing one tooth though. Can they put a veneer on a missing tooth? Do veneers help underbites? Would I have to get braces for the bottom teeth first and then veneers? I heard veneers and lumineers are totally different, that some last longer than others.

Best treatment for underbite

+1

My best advice to you would be to seek an experienced cosmetic dentist for your case.  If you have an underbite (Class III bite) as well as missing teeth, you may want to align your bite and then use conservative veneers like Lumineers or UltraVeneers to perfect your smile.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Lumineers are notorious for breaking

+1

A well planned minimal prep veneer case (even Lumineers) can be fantastic. My experience is that most Lumineers providers don't plan them out well and they frequently fracture. A more traditional veneer case tends to last longer, as the material is a little thicker. Veneers cannot cover a missing tooth. Veneers attach to the front of a tooth, so if there is no tooth present, then there can be no veneer. Implants or a bridge are the most common solutions for a missing tooth. I would recommend a consultation with a local cosmetic dentist with experience in veneers and complex treatment. They should be able to answer all of your questions.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist