Are veneers a good idea? (photo)

I am planning to get veneers in 2 weeks and I want to make sure it is the best way to fix my problem .My teeth are as close together as they can be but I still have a triangle shaped gap between my front 2 teeth (and between a lot of my other teeth )and my dentist said that veneers would be a good way to close them. Is that the best way to fix the problem? Are there other ways? Is it going to ruin my teeth? And will they look fake? And do you agree that Its a good idea to get it fixed?If so why?

Are veneers a good idea?

+2

I see by your photo that your teeth are not shaped normally and could benefit from veneers. There are two types, direct composite veneers and porcelain laminate veneers. Most cosmetic dentist use the former on younger patients or those who can't afford porcelain veneers.

Veneers won't ruin your teeth. Will they look fake? Depends on the dentist's artistic ability and also that of his ceramist if he's doing porcelain veneers for you.

I think, pure and simple, porcelain veneers are a good idea and your teeth and smile should certainly look better. It should enhance your self esteem too. Obviously you're considering them because your a bit self conscious about the way they look.

One last note, make sure you a cosmetic dentist who IS REALLY A COSMETIC DENTIST. Almost all dentists do porcelain veneers, but if you want your smile to really look fantastic than you will most likely get the results you are seeking by utilizing a cosmetic dentist who has had advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, and years of experience doing porcelain veneers.

Good luck!

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Are veneers a good idea?

+1

If finances are an issue, direct bonding is the most conservative and least expensive way to go. Otherwise, veneers will do the job, but some teeth preparation (drilling) is required.

Murray Bruckel, DDS
Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist

Are veneers a good idea?

+1

Many factors should be considered before embarking on a new enhanced smile! Before you consult with an orthodontist, take a look at your teeth and if the shape, size, contour and color are not appropriate to you then most likely orthodontics will not help you more than straightening. An orthodontic consultation may be prudent if you are open to wearing braces again as an adult and the shape, size, contour and color are acceptable to you. Porcelain veneers can straighten teeth , close large gaps, without braces and last a long time. As far as looking natural, our patients wear a "trial smile" before the final porcelain veneers are placed so that we can make them as natural as possible without looking fake. Many patients want super white teeth which is not as natural looking and our job is to give patients what they feel comfortable with. Good luck to you

David S. Frey, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist