Was Getting Veneers a Good Choice?

I'm only 22. My teeth has some decay, It's real hard to whiten it, and I have a small gap on the bottom of my two front teeth and I was too excited to get it fix when my dentist suggested veneers. I got my temporar put in today but now I'm regretting my decision. What is the ratio of young adults getting veneers? What are the cons of veneers?

It's probably just the Temps you don't like

+1

I just had veneers prepped today as a matter of fact- in my own mouth.  I can tell you that the temporaries don't look as Awesome as the permanents are going to look.   Plenty of young people get veneers.  We do them on 18 year olds all the time.   The fact that you had problems whitening, had spaces, and decay makes you an excellent candidate for veneers.  You accomplished / fixed all the above and probably had a cosmetic improvement to boot (let's hope anyway)

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Are veneers great options for young people

+1

Maybe temporaries has made you regret this great procedure. If veneers are done properly, they give a natural and confident apperance to your smile. I had a 20 years old patient that had braces twice and did not like the gap and shape of her teeth and we did 4 veneers for her. This patient is so happy she even won a model contest because of her smile. Make sure when you get your porcelain veneers before is cemented on your teeth that you get to see how it looks and if you are 100% happy. Good luck

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers on young people are not that uncommon

+1

It seems to me that the looks of the temporaries has discouraged you to a point of regret;. You have already committed yourself in doing veneers. Veneers give you amazing results if done by a good cosmetic dentist .Veneers do not require a lot reduction, and if you had decay, it sounds to me that your dentist was not off in advising you to get veneers. So, simply use the trial time with your temporaries to communicate with your dentist about what you like to accomplish. Once he make s the temporaries close to what you like the veneers can be as pretty. Make sure he can show your veneers to you  before he/she bonds them permanently.

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Were veneers a good choice

+1

Unfortunately since you had temporaries already placed and the teeth prepared you are now committed to treatment  and cannot reverse what has been done.  On that note I would refocus your attention on getting the best results.  If you are regretting your decision to get veneers and do not like the temporaries I would ask your dentist to adjust the veneers until you are happy and then have them lab use the temps to make the new veneers.  Do not accept them unless you are thrilled with the results

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Questioning Decision to get Veneers

+1

Since the teeth have been prepared and temporized you are now committed to the veneers.  Shift your focus to the result you want.  Excellent cosmetic dentists spend alot of time creating the look you want with the temporaries so that the lab will have a road map to creat the final result you desire.

Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers, prosthodontist, cosmetic dentist

+1

Unfortunately cosmetic dentistry is not a specialty, and any dentist can call them cover cosmetic dentist. I actually find myself talking young people out of getting veneers, since the procedure is not reversible, how to be repeated several times throughout life, and done incorrectly can result in severe problems. It is unfortunately impossible to evaluatethe work you have over the internet. if your gums are in good shape, and the issues are only of cosmetic nature, you need to address them with your dentist. If the issues are of pain and or burning red gums, or just sloppy work, you might want to go for a second opinion from the recognized specialist in this field, the prosthodontist.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Was Getting Veneers a Good Choice?

+1

Veneers can create amazing results. 

A great cosmetic dentist will have a number of checks and balances to help get the results you are hoping for.

I would make a short list of what you are concerned about. I would ask someone who has a good eye to also help give you some comments about how the temporary veneers look. 

This is a good time to communicate with your cosmetic dentist. It is not unusual that the temporary veneers don't have all of the WOW that you are hoping for in the final porcelain veneers. That's OK for now, but you need to get with your dentist right away.

Before your case goes to the lab you want to discuss your concerns. 

Web reference: http://www.scottgreenhalghdds.com/porcelain-veneers-expectations.html

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Getting Porcelain Veneers Should be a Very Satisfying Decision

+1

First of all, why are you regretting your decision?  If you do like how they look, that can still be changed.  In regards to having veneers, if your teeth were pretty nice to start off with, then hopefully they were only minimally prepped and you have a lot of good tooth structure remaining.  Be sure that you are completely satisfied with your temporaries before you have the final veneers fabricated.  Also, be sure to see your permanent veneers "in your mouth" with try on paste before they are permanently bonded.  Best of Luck

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Getting Veneers Can Be a Good Idea

+1

You should definitely use this time while you are still i temporaries to express your concerns with the dentist. He should be able to make you happy in the temporary state before you approving that he go on to permanents. That is the difference between a true cosmetic dentist and the many who just claim to be.

New York Cosmetic Dentist