Would Veneers Fix Worn Down Bicuspids? (photo)

I was wondering whether dental veneers would be able to bring back the length and point of my bicupids? I went to a dentist who wasn't very skilled and he shaved the point down way too much, my smile doesn't look half as broad now, and you can see the back part of the tooth when I smile because there's no length on the front side. - Photo included

Veneers for Worn Teeth

+2

Veneers should be a great option to restore the lost length and proper contour of your bicuspid teeth.  Very little if any tooth preparation should be required as it is an additive procedure you desire.  If the orthodontist can position the teeth out further to give you a wider smile prior to the veneers, that would be worthwhile.

Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneers can restore length to teeth

+2

When teeth get worn down, via a dentist or simply grinding during sleep, adding length can be tricky.  Not all dental materials are durable enough to use, and some materials require more aggressive enamel removal.  Porcelain veneers are a great option, as they achieve the goal as well as are conservative.  In some cases, very little (if any) tooth structure needs to be removed.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers and worn teeth

+1

Without knowing why they are worn down it is hard to answer this question. Are grinding your teeth? If so then you might wear down or break the veneers as well.  I do see that you have braces on so hopefully, this is improving your bite and perhaps veneers will be stabile. If so, they can be done conservatively and look great.  Not all veneers are alike and there are different types of porcelain to use.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers Can Restore length to your teeth

+1

I am sorry about your experience with your doctor, but do not be disheartened.  Porcelain veneers are the best choice for restoring the length and structure of your teeth. There should be no need for reduction since this is an additive procedure.  Make sure you work with your orthodontist and express your desire to have a wider smile before  the placement of your veneers.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneers to lengthen tooth

+1

Porcelain veneers can change the shape and length of your teeth.  It would be a minimal amount of tooth removed or a no prep veneers to add length and width to your teeth.  Ask the orthodontist if they can possibly move the tooth out further to help you see more of it when you smile.  The point on your tooth may also be put back with some cosmetic recontouring.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneers

+1

You can't add length very easily. It would be like having a table with two legs longer than the other two. But, you could return the teeth to a normal shape with those nice soft cusp tips and make them a little thicker on the sides to fill out that dark area we call a buccal corridor.

Dr. Sue Wendling

Portland Cosmetic Dentist