Should veneers feel like it's one piece? Do my veneers look too big or bulky? (photo)

I got veneers on 7,8,9 and 10 yesterday, I feel like my veneers look too big and feel like they aren't proportional to my other teeth. My veneers also feel like they were put on as one piece, which I know they aren't they just feel like that when I run my tongue in the back of them. I don't like that I can't differentiate one tooth from another. Is this feeling normal and do my veneers look unnatural?

Should veneers feel like it's one piece? Do my veneers look too big or bulky?

+1

Did your dentist show you the veneers on your teeth to get your approval prior to bonding them into place? That was your opportunity to check the length, shape, color, thickness and proportion and make sure that it satisfied your goals as much as possible.

If your dentist didn't at least let you seem the, you have a strong argument to go back to him to discuss resolving the problems.

Do you know if you had "no prep" or "minimal prep" veneers, like advertised with Lumineers? Many dentists feel that those two techniques, even though very well intentioned, often require that the lab ceramist makes the veneers thicker than normal. I do agree when looking at your photo, your veneers look a little too thick. If your dentist prepared your teeth a little more it would most likely give the ceramist more room to make the veneers thinner and more natural in size.

There is a technique that eliminates a lot of the guesswork in doing porcelain veneers, called the "trial smile" technique. The link below shows a number of posts that discuss this technique.

Web reference: http://www.cosmetic-dentistry-and-porcelain-veneers.com/category/trial-smile

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist