Will Veneers Improve the Appearance of a Crown?

I had a crown put on one of my front tooth, but it seems that when I smile that tooth is smaller than my other tooth. I can see my gum line as well. I feel so self-conscious that I don't wan to smile. Is it possible for me to have veneers? Please let me know. Thanks.

Veneers will not improve appearance of crown

+1

The crown is the problem. It should be all porcelain for one thing and not have a metal understructure. That way, the light shines through it and looks more natural. The answer is to get a new crown and make it all porcelain, you may want to think about adding a veneer to the tooth next to it to make it a matched set. Things look better in pairs. That way the porcelain will match perfectly and you will be smiling a lot!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers cannot improve the appearance of a crown

+1

You imply can not place veneer on top of your crown. Once a tooth has been crowned it cannot be veneered anymore. Your dentist have to cut it and replace it with a new one. You can always improve the look of your new crown by not using any metal and having an all porcelain crown.

Kate Sahafi, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist