Veneers on Just Canine and First Bicuspids?

I wanted to know if it would look normal to get veneers strictly on my canine teeth and first bicuspids? My front four teeth look great, it's the size and shape of my other teeth that bothers me. I've had them bonded but my tooth shade is very white and the bonding seems to look more yellow'ish.

You can do it for sure

+1

It's absolutely possible.  As a matter of fact, I used to just have veneers on my bicuspids only in my mouth (4).  Porcelain is the best material we have in dentistry in terms of mimicking nature.  It can absolutely be done and done so that you can't detect which is a veneer and which is a natural tooth.   

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers always look better...

+1

Canines are thick teeth and always look a little yellower than the front 4 teeth. Bonding on these teeth will turn yellow or darken over time and you'll never be happy with them...Porc. veneers can be made very white to match the other teeth and will stay white because they are made from glass...

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer the teeth you want to look better

+1

Once you have found a great cosmetic Dentist, have them wax up your canines and bicuspids on a model to get an idea of how you will look.  If you are happy with the results you should be very happy with your new veneers.  This is not an uncommon situation.  This will easily address your color issue and you should get many years out of a beautiful smile!  Good Luck.

Madeleinne Zapantis, DMD
Long Island Cosmetic Dentist

Canine and Bicuspid Teeth Are Great Candidates for Veneers

+1
Absolutely veneer your canine and bicuspid teeth if the 4 front teeth look good and you need to close space, change color or correct the alignment of these teeth. Interview and choose a good solid dentist who is clear about your expectations.

Wendy S. Spektor, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers on Canines and Bicuspids to Improve Smile

+1

We frequently place veneers on the canines and bicuspids (side-teeth) for patients who like their 4 front teeth, but want to build their smile out to broaden it.  It can usually be accomplished with no-prep veneers, so you have no grinding of your natural tooth (or very very little polishing of the tooth surface).

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, you can veneers canines and bicuspids

+1

Absolutely, veneers can be done to fill out your smile from the canines back. There is nothing wrong with doing this.

The preparations may be a bit tricky but an experienced dentis should be able to do this no problem. This is assuming that your bite will not interfere with the veneers. If your teeth do not have fillings or other problems, this is the way to go.

If your teeth have existing large fillings or cracks, then full crowns should be considered.

Hope this helps

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

On Which Teeth Should I have Veneers?

+1

You can have veneers on ANY of your teeth. Veneers are used to change the shape or color of teeth and often used in a smile makeover to create a perfect looking smile.

For your situation, there is no reason why you couldn't have the porcelain veneers just on the canine tooth and the bicuspids. In fact, often in this situation a "No Prep" type of veneer can be amazing. It can be cemented right over your natural teeth so it is very mild to your natural teeth..

Before you jump right to veneers, you may want to spend more time with a cosmetic dentist. Most dentists do bonding. Not all dentists really spend the time to perfect their bonding skills, especially color matching. As an option for you, a great cosmetic dentist ought to be able to offer some sort of bonding. 

A good conversation with your cosmetic dentist ought to identify exactly what change you are looking for, and then he can direct you to the solution-veneers or a different type of bonding.

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers are a good option

+1

Veneers can often accomplish what bonding cannot.  Over time, bonding can discolor and break down, whereas porcelain, when done properly, does not.  What's involved though to achieve perfection, is more communication between your dentist and the dental laboratory about size, shade, shape, and contour through photographs and provisional temporization (temporaries)  Your dentist should complete a diagnostic wax-up to create a visual model which will allow you to perceive the final results.  From this model, you will be able to determine if the size and shape of the teeth are right for you. 

Tracy Shaw, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Veneering few teeth is always an option

+1

If the issue is simply size, shape and color, veneering only a few teeth to match is likely not a problem.  It may be a challenge and require additional lab work and lab communication,  but it should not be a problem.

I would suggest a diagnostic wax up before you begin to determine if the new shape is to your satisfaction. 

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist