Veneer Came Off, Was Re-cemented, but Doesn't Feel Right Anymore?

I had a lateral incisor veneer refixed after it came off 4 weeks ago but it doesnt feel right especially when talking or eating. Its sensitive, feels "loose" making clicking and cracking noises, which sometimes hurt. The gum is also inflammed. It felt like a natural tooth before and now all i do is worry it will fall off again! What can i do to fix this? The dentist says it looks fine. I am at the point of having the whole tooth removed. I got this for confidence and now regret it.

Have Your Porcelain Veneer Remade

+1
The symptoms that you are describing are not normal with porcelain veneers.   I would get a second opinion and consider having the veneer remade if the symptoms do not subside.  Good luck.  
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer Recemented

+1

I would have the veneer remade. If your dentist insists that it is okay and you don't feel it is okay then I would get a second opinion.

It should not make cracking noises and it should not hurt.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer came off what to do?

+1

In most cases just remove the the veneer and have a new one made. In many cases when a crown or veneer comes off there is a reason and re- cementing it ususally doesn't solve the problem, I would hope you don't need to extract just simply redo if you were happy once we should be able to solve your problem this time.  Good Luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Recemented Veneer Does Not Feel Right

+1

If it doesn't feel right compared to how it used to feel, then it probably is NOT right. Get a second opinion.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Why does a veneer come off

+1

There are issues that we need to discuss. :

1) how old is your veneer?

2) Is it the only veneer in the front?

3) If you have multiple veneers , is this one the only one that came off?

4) Are you a grinder or a clincher?

5) Do you have occlusion ( bite) issues?

these need to be addressed when ever a tooth is being restored with anything. If your gut feeling tells you something is wrong, get a second opinion. It is usually right.

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist