Veneer or Lumineer on One Tooth?

Hi Doctors. I have had a huger white mark on my upper front tooth since a a kid. i've read that it was some calcium shortage due to sickness while the tooth was growing. I intended to do a porcelain veneer on just this one tooth but i recently heard of lumineers. My dentist says that it would be best to put lumineers on all front top teeth. is this correct? If i decide to do just one tooth would it be better to put a porcelain veneer or a lumineer? Thanks

Lumineers vs Veneers for one front tooth

+3

If you are happy with your teeth with the exception of the white spot on one front tooth, I would suggest you start with the least invsasive procedure. This would be to take out the white spot on the front tooth replacing it with some form of composite material. I would suggest using feldspathic method to get a beautiful match, We have used Aesthetic Porcelain Institue in Los Angeles and they are a terrific lab! I would consider veneers for the second choice, but you will probably lose some of your own tooth in placing the veneer and I would do this as a second choice. You can always go to a veneer if your are unhappy with the bonding.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

A Single Veneer to Eliminate a White Spot on a Front Tooth

+3

If you are satisfied with the alignment of your teeth and you are doing a veneer purely to change the color of a single tooth then your best option is a traditional veneer, NOT a Lumineer. I would also suggest you consider simply cutting the "white mark" out of your tooth and replacing the white mark with composite.  If you are otherwise satisfied with your teeth this would be a much less expensive and less invasive procedure.

As stated previously, restoring a single front tooth with a veneer or crown is THE most challenging cosmetic procedure in dentistry. You must work with a dentist who uses the highest quality lab and has a close relationship with that lab.

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Most difficult treatment for a dentist.....

+3

Placing one single veneer on any front tooth is, hands down, THE most difficult treatment for botht the patient and the dentist.  It could take several attempts to get the perfect match with just one veneer. 

In a few cases, a patient may only need two veneers, but if size and spacing is a concern, you will be better off in the long run by placing at least 8 veneers so that the lab and dentist can design and provide you with a more aesthetic smile.

Dallas Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer or Lumineer on Just One Tooth

+3

I agree that Lumineers are an inferior cosmetic choice. If you are totally happy with the looks of your other front teeth, than you have to chose a cosmetic dentist very wisely; Do Not Shop by Price! The most difficult cosmetic task in dentistry is to restore a single front tooth. You will need a dentist with lots of experience who uses the best possible cosmetic ceramic laboratory and is willing to do it over till it is perfect. Expect to pay more for that than you would per tooth if doing multiple teeth. You will never get the correct match using a single lumineer.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Lumineers is a brand of porcelain

+2

And in my opinion an inferior brand. Depending on your goal, more than a single tooth may be required, but if doing just one, I would suggest layered Empress or feldspathic from an experienced cosmetic lab.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer on one tooth to hide a white spot

+1

In my opinion I would do the most conservative treatment possible which would be to eliminate the white spot and place a composite restoration.  If that is not satisfactory then I would consider 2,4 or 6 veneers not lumineers as I think that is an inferior product.  What I would not do is a single veneer as it is one of the most difficult things to do in dentistry. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist