Velashape Work on 53 Year Young Female (NOT on Any Hormones) Seeking Cellulite Reduction? (photo)

Dear Dr.: I am an active 53 year young female (NOT on any hormones). My question: Does Velashape work? American Laser Skin Care makes you buy a package of eight treatments for $770. Need to know before I commit to $770 please. All my best,

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, I would not suggest Velashape. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Velashape may produce conservative cellulite improvement

+1

Given the picture and clinical history you have provided, you may see some conservative improvement towards the end of the 8 treatments, but I suspect you will need close to 12 treatments before having noticible improvement which will be temporary and will require long term maintenance treatment with Velashape.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon