Non-surgical Option for Protruding Belly?

I am a mother of 2 boys (8 and 6) and I am 37 yrs old. I weigh 115 lbs and I am 5'1" and a size 3 on juniors. I am skinny everywhere else except for my stomach. I don't diet and don't exercise either. I am skinny except for my stomach.

Here is a picture of my tummy. I look like I am 4 months pregnant after every meal and I am not. Which non-surgical/non-invasive procedure is best for me? VelaShape or Thermage or something else? Thanks.

Try diet and exercise first

+1
I recommend you start dieting and exercising before considering cosmetic surgery. You may find that a healthier lifestyle is sufficient in recontouring your body. If that doesn't work, then you can think about getting a tummy tuck or liposuction as these can achieve far more predictable results than nonsurgical treatments. Please speak to a board certified plastic surgeon for more information specific to your situation.

Velashape/smooth for tummy fat

+1

Dear AnL

Velashape or Velasmooth are clearly not for you. You might consider wet technique power assisted liposuction instead.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Diet, exercise but check on your GI function

+1

The only non-surgical option is diet and exercise. Velashape helps as a secondary module for localised problems. Alternatively, liposuction or a tummy tuck would be the other option.

One thing you mentioned related to feeling this after meals. You might want to check on your diet. Indigestion will cause abdominal distention and will increase this problem.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Save your money

+1

No non-surgical treatment will do anything for you and you would be well advised to save your money. The first thing to do is get a personal trainer and begin a dedicated exercise program and see what you can do. This is the only worthwhile non-surgical treatment. Otherwise, you will need a tummy tuck to get a flat tight abdomen.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS