Velashape Before Tummy Tuck Procedure?

Is it safe to do velashape treatments 1 month before my tummy tuck? Is it beneficial in terms of circulation? Thank you

Velashape Before Tummy Tuck Procedure?

+1
Thank you for your question. Having Velashape before Tummy Tuck has minimal benefit, but no harm. I hope this helps.
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Velashape and tummy tucks

+1

I often get questions like yours.  I would perform the Velashape after your tummy tuck procedure as maintenace.  Many people think they do not need maintance with surgery but that's not the case.  Surgery can turn back the clocka nd correct issues but it doesn't stop aging.  The aging process will cause the tissue to become more lax and over time you want to keep the area firm. 

You can start maintaining your tummy tuck as early as 6 weeks post tummy tuck if your surgeon has given you the go ahead.  Some people take longer to heal so it can bein later than 6 weeks.  One treatment once a month will be enough to stave off the hands of time.

Dr. Mulholland

SpaMedica, Toronto, Canada

It is safe but if you are are already scheduled for a tummy tuck, then it may be a waste of resources. It's up to you.

+1

Vela shape

+1

I see no benefit to doing veal shape prior to a tummy tuck.  It will be an unnecessary waste of money.  the tummy tuck will tighten the skin and provide so much more benefit than the Velashape, and I see no reason to do them both.

Velashape before tummy tuck surgery

+1

Velashape is a non-surgical treatment which utilizes bipolar radio frequency, infrared light, vacuum and massage to help reduce cellulite and decrease subcutaneous fat.  Although it is probably safe to have Velashape treatments one month before a tummy tuck, the treatments will not significantly improve circulation.  The Velashape treatments may be more beneficial if performed after the tummy tuck.  Check with your surgeon to see what he/she would suggest in your case.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon