Is it Okay to do VelaShape After Cellulaze?

My sister bought me a package of VelaShape cellulite treatments that I have not used. I have scheduled an appointment to have Cellulaze in 2 weeks. The VelaShape package is going to expire in about 4 months, however I don't want to do the VelaShape beforehand because I want to get the most benefit from the Cellulaze. Will it be ok to do VelaShape tretments after my Cellulaze procedure and if so how long should I wait before I do them?

Cellulaze Cellulite and Velashape

+1

Hello. In my plastic surgery practice we encourage all Cellulaze patients to have either lymphatic drainage massage and/or Velashape treatments beginning as early as 3 week after the procedure. We have found it definitely speeds recovery and patients are uniformly happy with the results. This of course will need to be supplemented with massage on your own of the treated areas on a daily basis. Best of luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

VelaShape After Laser Cellulite Treatment

+1
Vela Shape may assist in the resolution of swelling and improvement of your results after laser cellulite treatment. At three months most of the swelling should be gone. Consult with you surgeon before initiating the VelaShape treatments. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Procedures after Cellulaze

+1

After the Cellulaze surgery, make sure you are healed properly before doing another procedure. It is normally ok to do this 3 weeks after the surgery date.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Velashape after Cellulaze

+1

You can certainly do Velashape after Cellulaze.  We actually recommend Smoothshapes or Velashape after Cellulaze for our patients to help speed healing, decrease fluid retention, increase lymphatic activity and help achieve a smoother result more quickly. It would probably be best to wait at least 3 weeks following Cellulaze to start the Velashape or Smoothshapes treatments.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

VelaShape after Cellulaze

+1
Thank you for your question. Cellulaze is an excellent option for removing cellulite. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure. Therefore, I do not believe you would need to use the VelaShape afterwards, as Cellulaze should be sufficient. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1

Yes any of these non invasive temporary therapies can be done after 3 weeks of healing. But the effect will be minimal as compared with having the CELLULAZE alone. 

Cellulaze is smartlipo

+1

Cellulaze is just the 1440nm wavelength portion of the Smartlipo Triplex used to run under the skin to perform subsicion and help contract the skin. We have been performing this procedure for over a year and it is certainly not new. Just as Velashape or Vasershape or Thermage were performed after LASER lipolysis such as Smartlipo to improve skin texture, Velashape can be performed after "Cellulaze" as well. However, the timing of when the treatment can be performed safely has not been definitively determined. In my practice, we we do not start any complementary skin treatments for 4 weeks after Smartlipo. Also, if Cellulaze does what it promises, should not need Velashape treatment of the same area.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon