I Had Veinwave Treatment 3 Months Ago for Thread Veins. Why Has It Made the Viens Worse?

My partner and i both agree the veins are now more promenant and i have more restriction on the skirts and dresses i can wear. Why has it done this when the promotion for this treatment says it is risk free. It was also quite painful treatment as the probe was quite hot. I have read that other people have had their veins made worse by this treatment.

Telangiectasias after VeinWave Treatments

+1

In general telangiectasias after vein treatments should last a year and resolve naturally according to the phlebology (vein) literature. Be patient.

Web reference: http://www.VeinGuide.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Veinwave Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. I would have the vein flow assessed, and determine if the vein is closed or in need of more treatments. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or vascular surgeon with expertise in cosmetic procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Spider Vein Treatment

+1

We use the vein wave frequently, and have found that sclerotherapy is more effective for the legs.  Vein Wave does very well on the face.  It is important to have an ultrasound to see if there is venous reflux which would mean that spider vein treatments will remain ineffective until the reflux is treated.

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Worse veins after treatment

+1

it is sometimes difficult to really tell if the veins are worse or better after a treatment without reviewing the pictures with your doctor.  The best advice is to always take pictures before and after.  you can even do this yourself for your own reference. it is very hard to tell what was there before when the changes take such a long time to occur. i in fact had a patient just came in who swore up and down that a vein just appeared out of no where after i treated her varicose vein in that same area. she was extremely worried that a treatment i performed was making veins appear. i told her i would review her films and low and behold that exact vein which she stated had never been there before was documneted on a preop photo.  i dont think she was trying to make something up i just think alot of patients look at their legs alot more after being treated and start noticing things that may have been there before but they never really took as long and close of look as before. the same thing holds true for many other branches of plastic surgery such as liposuction and rhinoplasties,etc.etc

Ashburn General Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.