Why I Have a Vein Running Under my Eye and What Treatment Their is for It?

I'm only 19 years old and I have a blue/green vein running under my eye; it runs along the line of my eye bag too so its more prominent! Its only appeared in the last 6 months, why does this happen? What can treat it? I really think its ugly and it knocks my confidence badly! Please help :(

Treating Under Eye Veins

+2

The use of a long pulsed Nd:YAG laser can be very effective in treating under eye veins. I would make sure eyeshields are inserted in your eyes to protect them during the treatment.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Be careful

+2

The 1064 long pulsed laser has been used for these types of veins, but ophthalmologists are concerned there could be damage to the eye.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Several options.

+1

These veins are called periorbital veins and can occur for many reasons including genetics, stress, sun exposure, aging and trauma. Sometimes we can't the reason for them.  There are multiple options for treatment including various topical lasers, radio frequency(ohmic theromlysis), microneedle radio frequency,  surgical excisions through microphlebectomies and sclerotherapy.  Each procedure can work and each has pros and cons.  You should see someone with experience veins in this area.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Under Eye Viens

+1

Thank you for your question. This is for your Opthamologist to determine if removal is practical and or advised.  Veins around the eyes are more critical. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon