I've Had Braces for About 12 or 13 Years Due to Finances. Are Veneers Recommended?

My teeth has not shifted or moved in years. When I take my braces off will my teeth move after all these years and will I be able to get veneers successfully?

Can I Get Porcelain Veneers After Removing Braces?

+1

There is definitely a possibility that you can have porcelain veneers after your braces are removed.  After having braces that long you should see a dentist to determine if there are any teeth with cavities or any gingival inflammation around your braces.  If your teeth are deemed to be in good health, then porcelain veneers would be a great option for you.  Give the teeth a period of time to settle ( account for slight shifting) before proceeding with the veneers. Good luck. 

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

10 Years in Braces-You Are a Candidate for Patience

+1

Once your braces are removed, you must see what they look like.  There are many options for fixing a smile from Whitening to Veneers and a combination if needed.  You can wear a retainer at night to hold their position.  Congratulations for finishing!

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Position after long orthodontic work likely stable

+1

If the teeth haven't moved in years, you can consider the braces as the ultimate retainers.  Zero chance of movement while on.  As a rule of thumb, I like to have a little time between taking braces off and placing veneers, allowing the teeth to "settle" so that the veneers will look their best.  Any tooth movement can be corrected with the veneers, so you should be fine.

The bigger question would be the condition of the enamel after such a long time.  If there is a lot of decay, some teeth may end up being crowned and not veneered, but that is OK.  If done by an experienced cosmetic dentist, the result should be stunning.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist