Will VBeam Treat White Stretch Marks?

I want to know if VBeam treats mature white stretch marks and I have asian skin tone.

Vbeam won't treat white stretch marks

+2

Vbeam is specifically targeted to the color red, so it won’t be very useful in treating white stretch marks.

Stretch marks in general are quite difficult to minimize, but you can get some improvement if you are patient and take appropriate treatment precautions.

Because you are Asian, your risk of post-laser hyperpigmentation is fairly significant, so you may want to consider alternatives such as fractional radio frequency such as eMatrix. Still, eradicating mature stretch marks is – for all practical purposes – impossible.

To improve them, a series of laser or RF treatments will be required. If you elect to use a laser, you will need preparation with pigment suppressors which should also be used during and after the treatment series.

Vbeam “can” give a little smoothing simply from the collagen building reaction – but it is minimal at best.

Scars are always best treated when they are fairly new and still red.

Web reference: http://www.rebeccafitzgeraldmd.com/ematrix.html

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Stretch mark laser for the skin

+1

I would use the fractional co2 laser for stretch marks and white scars on the face and body. I have seen exceptional results in my Los Angeles practice. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/74/stretch-mark-treatment.aspx

Vbeam on white stretch marks

+1

It is unlikely that Vbeam will work on matured white stretch marks.  Vbeam tends to work on new stretch marks that are red because they contain a vascular target on which the laser can act upon.  Perhaps a retinoid topically in combination with a fractional resurfacing laser will be a better option for you.

VBeam for stretch marks works only in they are red

+1

If the stretch marks are mature and white, the VBeam will not work.  Stretch marks are tough to treat and you can only expect mild but real improvement with the Fraxel Dual.  I don't think using the CO2 laser on your skin type is a good idea but it is also used for stretch marks.  I don't think pigmentation should be a problem it you treat with hydroquinones before and after.

V-Beam treats Red stretch marks

+1

V-Beam laser targets anything RED!  It works on blood vessels, rosacea, acne scars, hemangiomas, red stretch marks, leg veins and anything else red.  It simply has no effect on white stretch marks.  The Fraxel can work on white stretch marks but you have to be very careful being Asian since you can actually make the condition worse or get hyperpigmented.  It is actually a difficult problem to treat.