Will V-Beam Laser Work on Keloids?

..early the better

+1
Yes, v beam can work on keloids, especially early ones. It is best to combine V beam laser treatments with corticosteroid injections. You will require several treatments for the best outcomes. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

VBeam laser for keloids in Los Angeles

+1

I use the VBeam laser on keloid scars frequently as it can work to reduce the volume and redness of a scar.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

V-Beam is highly effective for keloids

+1

The V-Beam is a highly effective laser for keloids.  It flattens the scars and reduces the redness.  I treat these keloids in conjunction with steroid injections to have the best overall result.  It is the best laser for keloids and I have fantastic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Vbeam assists in the treatment of keloids

+1

Vbeam is often effective at reducing the redness associated with keloid scars. I often recommend that patients do Vbeam in conjunction with injections of a steroid locally to help flatten the keloid as well.

Pamela Norden, MD, MBA
Wellesley Dermatologic Surgeon

Vbeam helpful with Keloids

+1

Keloids are often unsightly, red, painful, itchy or tender.   They are often best treated with a combination of therapies.  The combination I find most effective is use of the Pulsed Dye laser in combination with Intralesional steroids.  This approach seems to flatten, soften and eliminate symptoms better than either alone, and both have strong clinical evidence to support their use.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

V Beam and Keloids

+1

Keloids are overgrown scars, if you will, usually inflamed, sometimes itchy or painful.  The V-Beam, which is a pulsed dye laser, can be quite useful in improving the symptoms and appearance of keloids -- usually the treatment is repeated at monthly intervals and used in a conjuction with the injection of kenalog (a steroid) into the scar.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

V-Beam Laser and Keloids

+1

A V-beam laser will help with redness associated with a keloid, but will not significantly affect the size, shape, or other characteristics of this condition.  A keloid is an abnormal response to injury, whereby the scar grows beyond its original boundaries. Treatment of keloids often requires several modalities, most commonly involving injectable steroids and excision; the recurrence rate with any of these combinations is typically about 50%.  Keloids can also be radiated to reduce size, or after excision.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon