Is Vbeam a Good Laser Treatment for Rosacea?

Has anyone tried vbeam laser for rosacea treatment? Is it effective? How soon? What was healing like? Did you need more than one session?

Vbeam superior for rosacea

+3

The Vbeam laser is a pulsed dye laser that targets both the visible blood vessels of rosacea but also the tiny dilated bood vessels that cause the redness and flushing associated with rosacea. Most patients will see improvement without bruising after 2-4 treatments. More severe rosacea may require more treatments or may require more aggressive settings that cause a mild bit of bruising. In my office we frequently combine the Vbeam with the long pulsed 1064 Gentle YAG to treat larger, deeper veins if present. Then the Vbeam is used on the entire affected area to reduce baseline redness and flushing. Vbeam can also reduce the inflammation commonly seen with rosacea (bumps, swelling, pimples) and can significantly improve skin texture.

Charlotte Dermatologist

Redness associated with Rosacea or sundamage can be helped by the Vbeam Laser

+1
I love using the Vbeam laser to compliment other treatments for Rosacea. Its great for the fine telangiectasias on the cheeks and around the nose whether they are from flushing and rosacea or from chronic allergies and sun-damage. I usually do two to three treatments depending on the severity of the redness but also make sure that we address the gentleness, paraben free and soap free, components of your skin care regimen and discuss triggers for rosacea.

There is a little redness right afterwards but no down time essentially. You can go about your normal day and evening.  You might wakeup the next morning with a little puffiness under the eyes if the cheeks were treated but that resolves pretty quickly after getting up and going. Although you can get bruising, the settings I use are adjusted to treat with non-purpuric, non bruising settings.

Many patients have a maintenance treatment  once or twice a year to treat new blood vessels that are forming.
Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon

​Love the V-beam for Rosacea redness

+1

Love the V-beam for Rosacea redness – I don’t know of anything else like it. Patients notice results within 2 weeks. Depending on degree of redness, you may require anywhere from 1-3 sessions. And, yes, eventually that redness will return over the next 2 years, as new superficial blood vessels gradually take the place of the ones we’ve treated. But there’s no laser that better targets hemoglobin for marked improvement.

Web reference: http://www.bobbybukamd.com/medical-therapies/rosacea

The VBeam is the current standard for therapy of rosacea...especially if you suffer...

+1

from the most common form known as the erythrotelangiectatic type...its manifestations are excessive flushing, persistent redness and persistently dilated blood vessels often referred to as broken vessels...you couldn't ask for a better treatment...and it's a simple procedure...back to work immediately afterward...generally require several treatments a monthly intervals...

V-Beam is the ideal treatment for rosacea

+1

The V-Beam, or V-beam perfecta (the latest version of the V-beam) is the gold standard for rosacea. Treatment with the V-beam laser can be life changing for many people. The V-Beam laser targets redness in the skin. It treats flushing and can eliminate spider veins. 

Find a medical office with a physician owned and operated laser center that performs many, many laser services. Expertise is required to get the best results. Find a practice experienced with the V-Beam

Web reference: http://www.bluewaterspa.com/laserrosacea.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Yes, Vbeam is a great treatment for Rosacea!

+1

The Vbeam laser treats redness of the face and neck, rosacea, facial veins, scars, angiomas, protwine stains, hemangiomas, venus lakes, and stretch marks that are red in color. The Vbeam produces an intense but harmless burst of light into selectively targeted areas of the skin without damaging the surrounding tissue. Specific blood vessels in the dermis absorb the light. Most patients describe the treatment like a warm rubber band snap. Some patients experience redness or mild swelling in the treated area, which can last for a few days. A series of 3-6 treatments are required depending on the condition.

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

V-Beam for rosacea

+1

V-beam is a great treatment for redness of rosacea. It works for overall redness and for dilated, broken blood vessels. it does not work for the pimple of rosacea.

Vbeam laser is the best laser for rosacea

+1

I have the IPL among other lases and I still find my VbeM superior for treating rosacea, redness, telangiectasias, and scars. My patients are happy with the results and I find it is simple for them with very little discomfort. You will need several sessions and there should be little or no down time at all. 

Perfecta Vbeam to treat Rosacea

+1

We recommend the Perfecta Vbeam to treat Rosacea. The Vbeam can be utilized to remove irritation that results from acne and for spider veins on the body and face, and to control flushing associated with Rosacea.

Rosacea is known to leave facial flushing and irritation leaves most patients constantly red faced. Vbeam is one of the most powerful treatments for redness associated with Rosacea. 

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-laser-rejuvenation/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

The Vbeam Treats Rosacea

+1

The Vbeam is a laser that effectively treats the redness and prominent blood vessels of the face in patients with rosacea.  Results depend on the settings used, but noticeable improvement is usually seen even after one treatment; however, 4 to 6 treatments may be required for more complete clearance.  Healing is generally easy, but again depends on the settings.  Occasionally swelling, redness or even a bruise could occur.  

Frisco Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.