Who is a Good Candidate for Vaser Liposuction?

i weigh 220 pounds. after i gave birth my belly stay almost the same from when i was pregant and saggy i had a c-section. am I a good candidate?

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

A good liposuction candidate is a patient who presents with diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue isolated to specific areas. These patients are not  looking for a weight loss solution. On the other hand " ideal weight” can be somewhat arbitrary and is not an  absolute criteria in determining candidates for the procedure.

Good skin elasticity is also an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age or gain/lose weight we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure. Based on your description of “saggy"  skin I fear that you do not meet this criteria.

It may be in your best interests to seek in person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

THERE IS NO TYPE OF LIPOSUCTION THAT WILL MAKE SKIN GO AWAY

+1

Hi there-

I love the VASER- I think it is the most effective and safe of the liposuction options out there. Without a doubt.

But the technology does not allow for miracles....

If you have loose, stretchy skin and a loose belly from pregnancy, you will likely need a tummy tuck.

Visit a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery for a consultation-

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Vaser liposuction candidates

+1

From your description - NO! Sounds more like a full tummy tuck. But NO PHOTOS NO REAL WAY TO ADVISE! Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Liposuction candidate

+1

Without evaluating you, knowing your height and weight and medical history, it would be difficult to say whether you would be a good candidate for Vaser or for any other liposuction technique.

Lipo candidates should be close to ideal weight

+1

Whether with VASER, lasers, or otherwise, liposuction is always for spot contouring of areas resistant to change with diet and exercise. Large volumes of fat removal with liposuction is risky to do and the long-term results unpredictable. With loose skin especially after pregnancy, the answer is usually a tummy tuck instead of liposuction.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.