Vaserlipo: What's my Recovery Time Like for Inner Thighs, Arms, and Upper Back Than Abs?

I have done vaserlipo done on my abs, flanks 3 weeks ago. And I am still struggling w/ deformation, discomfort, tightness, & itchiness. I am 7 days away from having my arms,inner thighs,& upperback done. I do have a 4 wedding events coming 3 wks after my upcoming surgery. What is my recovery time like compare to abs?? I'm very fearful of people noticing my scars,deformation,etc. should I be worried? what's the packaged cost for those 3 areas and how would u compare the pain level. Thank you.

Vaser Lipo Recovery Time

+1

Thank you for your question. Liposuction is not the best procedure to do with tight time lines for events as healing is not predictable, and swelling or irregularities can persist for 6 weeks up to 6 months, and even a year. Arms, thighs, are not a bad area for pain, the upper back is more painful. The abs are very sensitive, depending on how much was removed. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after VASER Liposuction

+1

In my experience, patients who undergo VASER liposuction vs. Traditional liposuction have a faster recovery. The VASER system is designed to selectively target fat for extraction, while preserving blood vessels and nerves, and structures such as the connective tissue that holds the fat in place. Because of this, the VASER offers a more gentle way of fat removal and body contouring. The VASER also provides some tightening of the skin in the area of liposuction treatment. Because of the benefits of the VASER, I no longer do traditional liposuction.

Regardless of the system used for liposuction, there will be a period of swelling, bruising, and pain. Everyone heals at a different pace. Recovery can also be influenced by the technique and skills of the surgeon. Based on your previous experience with your abdominal and flank liposuction, you could expect to have a similar recovery experience when you undergo liposuction surgery on your arms, inner thighs, and back.

Thank you for your question and best of luck with your surgery!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD